• Chapter 4 •

• D E L O R A •

I woke up when the sunshine hit my face. I found Athena cuddled up to me and sleeping soundly.

I small smile made its way to my lips. I picked up my phone from the nightstand to check the time.

It was 10 am. Damn ! I overslept. I decided not to wake her up and went towards the bathroom to get started with this day.

When I was done I wore a beige turtle neck sweater and a checked leggings.

I went downstairs and prepared a cup coffee for myself including Bacon and Eggs

I went downstairs and prepared a cup coffee for myself including Bacon and Eggs. I cooked some scrambled eggs for Ena too.

When I was done cooking it. I called Derek to ask him about the meeting and sat down on the counter while sipping my coffee.

"Mom ?" I heard ena say while rubbing her eyes.

"Okay Derek. You also come here since their second in commands would also be here. Anyways I'll see you later " I said and hung up the call.

She came near me and I made her sit on my lap.

"You had a good sleep?" I ask her and she nodded.

"But I saw a bad dream " she said and i tilt my head looking at her.

"What was it about ?" I ask her and a tear escaped her eye.

"I-I saw that y-you were d-d-dying " she says between her sobs and I immediately hug her.

"No honey. I'll not die. Nothing will happen to me. It was just a dream. You know that no one can kill mom, right ?" I ask her while rubbing a hand in her back as she still hugged me tightly.

"I know but..." i cut her off and say

"No one can ever take me away from you. No one. If anyone does that , you know what will happen to them " I say and she nods.

"Good. Now cmon stop crying. Aren't you my brave girl who never cries ?" I ask her and she let go off me , wiping her tears.

"Yeah, I'm a brave girl " she says as i nod with a smile.

"But if you want to remain brave and strong then you need to eat. I cooked scrambled eggs for you. C'mon eat it and then tell me how is it " I say and she sat on the chair beside me.

"It's really twasty " she says with a mouthful of food.

"Thanks Bambina " I say and she smiles.

After we both were done with breakfast i clean her up and played with her for a while. I gave her the medicine since her fever was still not gone. I played with her until I heard a door bell.

"You stay here and I'll be back in a minute " I say and she nods back

I went downstairs and checked through the camera to see it was Derek.
I let him in and he says that all the other Mafias will be here in 10.