Chapter 68: Welcoming Names

Summary: Chapter takes place 24 hours later. Lucas comes up with the name of him and Max's son. While Max gives Lucas an idea about a substitute of the Hunger Games.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lucas holds the baby in his arms, it being a day since Max gave birth that way they can monitor the baby's vitals as well as monitor Max to see how she is doing, her being asleep in the hospital bed with Lucas sitting at her left in a chair, him looking down at the baby with a smile on his face.

"I wonder what name we are going to give you, we'll let mommy decide okay?" Lucas softly says. "Right now she's sleeping."

Lucas watches as the baby softly yawns with his eyes closed, him still having the white blanket wrapped around him with a blue beanie on, his light brown eyes going to slowly open to stare at Lucas.

"Hey there." Lucas smiles more. "How does it feel to be in the world now? In a good world that is." He shrugs. "I am excited to have you here. I mean yeah I am incredibly nervous but still excited. I'm so glad you never have to see how the old world was like, I couldn't imagine you being reaped."

"Don't worry, you don't have to know what that means." Lucas shakes his head as he stares at him, the baby's attentive eyes being on him, him releasing a light cooing sound. "Yeah it's not important anymore." He mentions, Lucas staring ahead of him with a thinking expression on his face. "You know...being the president is a lot of responsibility but I like it, I'm making a change. One thing that's annoying is the Capitol and their constant ask for something like the Hunger Games."

"Like can you just be happy with what you have now?" Lucas shrugs in question. "But as I said we are a country of unity and peace so I have to take their suggestions and request into account. So now I have to think of entertainment that is kind of similar to the games but in no way similar. Like....how even if? You know?" He looks down at the baby, it releasing a small yawn. "Yeah exactly they make me tired too, but at the end of the day they are giving their feedback as I wanted to and the body of the Capitol is just sharing the feedback and the suggestions told to them since that is their jobs you know, so I kind of asked for it."

"I just don't honestly know what to do." Lucas says. "I mean plus it's more important stuff that me and El are dealing with. The Memorial Center is about to be completed, where the Districts can visit and look at the fallen tributes of the games. We are starting to build the Memorial Centers up in Districts 1 and 2 so those are some big projects. District 8 needs more business and home facilities, District 10 needs more barns and animal pens for the animals, and District 9....basically it is a lot of projects occurring and the last thing my mind is focused on is live....sitting at the edge of your seat intense type entertainment."

"They have to much time on their hands." Lucas murmurs while shaking his head. "But I have to think of something fast. Any ideas?" He looks down at the baby, the baby just staring at him with alert eyes, him cooing softly. "Yeah I'm at a lost too."

Lucas looks towards the door when it opens, Suzie coming inside holding a small blue onesie.

"Tada!" Suzie smiles as she holds out the onesie. "It is the one we give to all of the boys."

Lucas smiles as he takes the onesie. "Thanks, Suzie."

"Welcome, oh and a diaper." Suzie hands him the diaper. "You want any help changing him?"