Chapter Twenty-Six

It was exactly a week after everything. I was still very upset with everyone. But, I was starting miss them. I always complain about Josh and his friends, but I miss them. I miss Josh's bickering. I miss Brant's stupid jokes. I miss Ryan's warm spirit. I miss Conner immaturity. I miss it. I am still very upset with Mia, but I miss her. She is my very best friend. And I was even missing Brady. His laugh. His smile. His funny nature. His nice heart. Him. But I couldn't. He hurt me. They all hurt me.

Not having Mia was hard. She was always there for me. But, she wasn't now. And that hurt. But she did something I didn't expect. She came over to my house and came into my room.

"Hey."
"Hey..."
"How are you?"
"I'm fine..."
"That's good.."
There was a moment of silence after she said that, before she continued going on.
"Listen, I know I have said this already, but I really think you should talk to him. Everyone thinks so."
"Well did you guys even think about how I felt. I don't want to. I need space and time to think. I was really hurt."
"Adelynn, you are just being so immature, god. Just talk to him. It's not that hard. It's sad, stop using this as your coping mechanism, please."
"Can you just leave me alone?"
"Fine, but think about it..."

And then, she just left. No apology, no nothing. I started bawling after this. God she wasn't even looking at it from my perspective. She was supposed to be my best friend.

I wasn't going to do what the others told me, I didn't have to. Was I being immature? I don't care. I am nearly feeling my emotions. And that is okay.