Chapter Twelve

Mia and I decided to hang out tonight. She came over and we decided to just watch movies all night. What better to do on a Friday night. We were just sitting around doing nothing really when she said she had a hankering for McDonald's. When we went outside to the car, we saw a familiar group.

" What are you losers doing?" I heard Josh say. Brady and Conner were  having Josh, Ryan, and Brant over. At least from what I saw. "Why do you care" I ask. "Umm cause we want to do something" Brant blurts. "Well we are going to McDonald's, don't feel invited to come" I say quickly. I quickly get into the car and gesture Mia to get in too. She instead does some thing unexpected.

" You guys should come, it would be fun" Mia says in a kind tone. "Okay, yeah sure!" Conner says in excitement. I shoot her a look that shows anger. She shoots back with a look of ease. She got into the car and the others walked to the car.
" What are you doing?" I say with an upset tone.
"I invited them, so what? I think it will be fun. And anyway, you'll get to spend time with Brady!" She says as she makes a big smile. "Whatever. You know it's not like that. You just wanted to hangout with Ryan.

All of us were in the car  just having fun and driving to McDonald's. Everyone were in different conversations that all were very different. I was in the front seat talking to Brady behind me. Ryan and Mia were talking while she was in the front and he was in the back. Josh, Conner and Brant were sitting right next to each other talking, and yet were the loudest people talking.
While the others were taking about what I assume was dumb shit, Brady and I were talking about the most important thing. Halloween.
"I'm thinking of going as Hercules. We are pretty similar and I am as handsome as him so it makes sense" he said with confidence in his tone. " How about you, wilder?" " I think I am going to go as Princess Mia from Princess diaries. I have so little amount of time it will be easy to put together. But I don't know."
"You know I have never seen it."
" What?!"
" Never saw it."
" You should it is really good."
"We should watch I it together sometime"
" We should."

We finally got to McDonald's after Mia got lost a million times. We all go fries and blizzards. We ate our fries inside and just hung out. As much as I hate to admit it, this was fun. Mia was right. We all were in one conversation, and I was across from Brady. We kept making eye contact. I was melting on the inside. He was so great. I wanted to kiss him more than anything. But, we are just good friends. As much as I wanted to be more, it is for the best we aren't. I don't think he likes me like that anyway.

As we drove home, we all ate our blizzards and just talked. It was such a fun time. As much as I hated these assholes, they were fun. And that's all that mattered in the moment.

Me speaking
Hey guys! Hope y'all are enjoying my writing. It my first write and I'm trying my best. Thanks for reading!