"Yeah, of course he would agree to it. He'd do anything you wanted. He's in love with you bonehead," Ethan snarkily returned.

"No he's not," I shook my head, keeping my voice low to not wake any sleeping residents.

"He's my best friend, I know," he gruffly spoke. "It's not fair to him. If sex is all you want, let him go."

I glanced down at the concrete feeling a twinge of guilt pulsate through my chest. I knew it wasn't fair to him, that he deserved better. I've tried in the past to end things, but I could never completely get it out. What bits I did force out, Ezra always rebuked and lied saying he doesn't mind my inability to be in a relationship.

"He's a good guy, with too big of a heart, especially for you. Quit being selfish and make up your mind," he said in a blunt tone before walking off. I took another deep breath before continuing down the hallway.

My door clicked as I gently pulled it closed behind me. I glanced at the wooden mantle clock on the metal table beside my bed, four fifteen. I plopped down against the lumpy uncomfortable mattress, deciding to try and get more sleep. My heavy eyes didn't give much fight before they remained closed.

I lurched forwards off of the bed hearing a knock at my door. I wiped my eyes, peering over at the clock that read six thirty five. I knew it was Ezra, he insisted on getting me for breakfast every morning in his words to ensure I eat.

I pushed myself off of the bed as the door creaked open. Ezra stood in the doorway with a smile on his face. Ezra was twenty-five so two years older than myself, while he was older the majority of the time he held more of a joyful mood than I did.

"What if I had been naked?" I quipped, while throwing my chocolate brown hair into a high ponytail.

"Well then it wouldn't even remotely be close to the first time I've seen that," he shrugged, sliding his fingers down my black compound bow that hung against the concrete wall. The one my father had gifted me on my eighteenth birthday.

We walked through the long hallway, that was seeing a slow uptick in foot traffic. Drowsy people shuffled out of the doors that lined the hallway heading to the cafeteria before whatever shift they had been assigned to complete today.

"Ezra!" A child-like voice boomed around the concrete from behind us.

We both turned around knowing exactly who it was. Jenna sprinted into Ezra's arms, as he lifted her up. Jenna was a six year old girl who had been orphaned. Her father had been sent out on a scouting mission to Compound B after we lost contact with them, and never returned.

"Look," Jenna cheerfully said, holding a piece of paper in her hands, while Ezra wiped her messy strawberry blonde hair out of her face.

She proudly held out her drawing she had created with crayons, depicting five well drawn people. For a six year old she was very artistically inclined. If the world hadn't collapsed into what it is now, I could have seen her becoming an artist.

"Flo, you look too," She beamed over to me, adjusting the paper so I could see better.

"Wow, that's so good Jenna," I gave her a warm smile.

"There is me," she pointed to herself on the paper. "There are my parents," her small index finger glided to the two people on top of a cloud. "And there is you and Ezra!" She tapped the paper where she had drawn the two of us standing next to her.

"I think I am going to steal this," Ezra playfully swiped the drawing from her hands. "I think this could make me millions of dollars," he smiled at her in his arms.

Jenna giggled, shaking her head, "Money doesn't exist anymore silly."

Ezra teasingly scoffed, "I'm not silly."