14- The end

1 year later

1 year later.

I stepped into the shower, letting the warm water hit my face.

Tonight was the office holiday party, and I was beyond grateful for everything that has happened this past year.

After Hudson and I became official, we sat down with our families and told them the truth about everything. Even though they were shocked, in the end they were happy we finally admitted our feelings for one another.

Everyone at work was very supportive of our relationship too, which I was nervous about.

Since Hudson and I started dating, we have spent every night together, so I moved out of my apartment and moved in with Hudson until we found the perfect house to buy together.

I heard the door to the shower open and a smiling Hudson walked in. "Hey baby."

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, playfully.

He wrapped his arms around me, "I'm hopefully going to make love to my new Editor and Chief in the office."

"Hmm, I think I can arrange that."

He pinned me up against the wall and entered me, swiftly.

This summer Mr. Whitlock took Hudson and I out for dinner and told us after this year, he was retiring and moving to Arizona to be with family, which opened up the door for me. I ended up buying up Whitlocks half and became Hudson's partner.

It went a lot faster than I was planning but I didn't even have to think about it. This was an amazing opportunity and I knew Hudson was my forever.

I dug my fingers into his back as the wave of pleasure hit me, moments later I felt him filling my core.

He held me there as we caught our breaths. I wanted to stay like this, in Hudson's arms all night, making love but that would have to wait... we had a party to get to.

"I love you." Hudson said before kissing the top of my nose.

"I love you too."

He pulled out, and lowered me to the ground so we could finish showering.

After our shower I dried my hair, put on makeup and walked out to our bedroom. Grabbing my dress, I stepped in and pulled it up. "Babe, can you zip this for me?"

Hudson smiled as he walked up behind me and zipped up the back of my dress.

"Thank you."

He leaned in, bringing me into his chest and kissed the side of my cheek. "You look beautiful."

I turned and smiled as I adjusted his new Christmas tie. "Thank you, and you look very handsome. I love that you go along with my crazy Christmas ideas."

"I actually love your crazy ideas. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes." Giving him a quick kiss, I grabbed my purse and we headed to the office Christmas and Whitlocks retirement party.