10- Confusing feelings

"So what are you looking for exactly?" I asked Hudson as we pulled away from his parents house the next morning

Hudson's parents were sweet and very welcoming. They also reminded me a lot of my parents and I knew if they had ever met, they would hit it off instantly. Unfortunately I knew after this week, meeting one another would never happen.

Hudson was the spitting image of his father in every way and couldn't help but smile, seeing where Hudson got his charm from.

"I don't know. My brother Christian's son is four months old and little girl is three. Eve's boys are two and six and my niece is four."

"So around Aiden and Austin's age. This will be easy. Luckily I love shopping, especially for the kids."

"I like shopping for the kids too. So first stop..."

"The toy store." We both said simultaneously.

The baby was the first on Hudson's list and probably the easiest to shop for. A couple cute outfits and a toy for his age and we moved onto the older boys. The girls were the most fun to shop for though. With having two nephews of my own, I haven't had the chance to buy for little girls yet and went a little overboard that I had to put some stuff back.

Hudson just shook his head and smiled at how much fun I was having, probably thinking I was a complete lunatic.

Four hours later, Hudson guided me into a restaurant in town, close to where we would be meeting his family.

"So, what other food is good in Chicago besides the deep dish pizza?" I asked as I looked over the menu.

"The Italian beef. That's actually why I chose this restaurant because it's amazing and I haven't had it in awhile."

"Mm, I think I'll get the same. I want to enjoy everything about Chicago while I'm here."

His face lit up. "Ohhh, then I have a treat for you. Before we head back to my parents house tonight, we'll stop in at Garrett popcorn. They have the best popcorn around."

"That sounds delicious. I'm in."

After ordering our food, we settled into a comfortable conversation together.

Hudson was right, the Italian beef was amazing and I was glad I ordered it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish it all but seeing Hudson's face light up when I offered him the rest made me smile. Nicky always ended up eating my leftovers too and it always amazed me how guys were able to eat as much as they could.

"Mom just texted me, everyone's a few minutes out. Are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm just going to use the ladies room real quick."

"Sounds good. I have to make a call real quick, would you mind meeting me just outside the doors?"

"Yes, that's fine."