3- Christmas work party

Joy had her arm looped through mine as we entered the large room our bosses rented out at the Hilton hotel

We passed two beautifully lit Christmas trees and headed over to the tables in the center of the room where everybody gathered and talked with one another

I looked around the decorated room and saw Mr. Knight and Mr. Whitlock talking with some of the catering crew when eyes locked with Mr. Knights and he immediately smiled and nodded our way.

I held up my hand, waving politely and smiled back before he rejoined his conversation with the caterers. I couldn't help but smirk, seeing Hudson wearing the Christmas tie I got him a few years ago. It wasn't like he was a Scrooge when it came to the holidays but even Mr. Whitlock wore a red or green tie with his suit or a festive sports coat at these parties.

Two years ago with me being in the holiday spirit, laid out a tie that I bought for him on his desk before the party. When he showed up to the party with one of his normal ones, I questioned him on it... revealing it was me that gave it to him. He ended up wearing it last year and then again tonight.

My thoughts were interrupted when Brian, another colleague on my team greeted us. "Hello ladies." He kissed both of our cheeks. "You both look amazing tonight."

"Flattery will get you everywhere Brian." Joy teased.

It took me everything not to roll my eyes. She thought Brian liked me, and that might be true since his eyes were only lingering on me but I didn't want to get mixed up with someone at work.

"Oh, there's Ann. I'll be right back."

"Okay." I turned back towards Brian, "would you like to go get something to drink?"

"Absolutely. I was just going to ask you the same thing." He placed hand on the lower part of my back, leading me over to the bar area in the room.

After ordering our drinks we found a spot to sit down at one of the round tables. "What are you doing over break?" He questioned as he took a sip of his drink.

I smiled. "I'm flying back home to Wisconsin on Saturday. Spending the week there and then I'll be back in New York just in time for New Year's. How about you?"