6- Snow fun

Mom brought us upstairs so we could put our bags away

Mom brought us upstairs so we could put our bags away. "I hope it's alright that I put Hudson in Nick's old room, across from you. I wasn't prepared for you to bring a guest, it's only twin beds in both rooms and your brother is already settled in downstairs with his family."

"Mom, this is perfect."

"We can take a bed out and put a blow up air mattress in your room instead, if you'd prefer-"

"Mom, I promise this is just fine. Please don't go through all this extra trouble for us."

She nodded. "Okay. The meatloaf will be ready in about twenty minutes. I'll let you two get settled in and we will see you both downstairs shortly."

"Thank you, Mom."

Hudson went into his room and I went into mine. I placed my bags on the dresser and started unpacking some of my things. I brought my toiletries into the bathroom just down the hall from our bedrooms. Walking back to the bedroom, I peeked my head into Hudson's room to see if he was ready but he was on the phone.

"I will. Bye." He put his phone down and smiled up at me. "My Mom says hi and she is beyond excited to meet you."

I chuckled. "She seems sweet. Are you ready for dinner?"

"Yes, I'm starving. It smells amazing downstairs, I almost started drooling when we got here."

"My mom is an amazing cook and her meatloaf is probably one of my favorite things she makes."

He got up and started following me downstairs when I felt his fingers interlock with mine, making me stop.

"Your brother was looking at me like he doesn't believe this whole charade. We need to make this believable, Sweetie."

"Right. It's just weird."

"Agreed."

We walked into the kitchen hand in hand. Nick's eyes went down to our interlocked hands before his eyes narrowed in on mine briefly before bringing his focus back to Aiden in the chair.

Hudson helped me set the table and we all settled down at the table and started eating.

"So Mae, how long have you been working for Hudson?" Nick asked before shoveling in a big bite of his meatloaf.

What a butt because he already knew.

"Six years."

"It sounds like a romantic story, we would love to hear about it." Mom gushed as she looked between us. "How long have you two been seeing each other?"

"Just about three months." I lied.

"Why haven't you said anything?" Nick questioned.

Hudson placed his hand on my knee, cutting in. "We wanted to make sure this is what we wanted before we went public with our relationship. Our situation isn't like most. We both didn't plan on falling for each other, but we did and here we are."