Chapter 12

Going to say it now. This chapter is a lot shorter than normal but I really wanted to push anything out for those who have been waiting so long for an update!

Teagan POV

Having Audrey against my chest as I support her bottom with my arms seems to be helping her calm down some. I think her being right at my heart is probably helping the most.

“cold mama” she whispered. She sounds so unbelievably exhausted. Shushing her as I rush us back towards the elevator as quickly as I can. 

Rubbing her back as I kiss the top of her head, “I know babygirl. Do you want to have a nice warm bath with me? How does that sound?” I bounce her a little with my question but all she does is give a slight nod.

Using my left arm to support her bottom I use my right to reach the elevator button. Swaying softly as I wait, I feel my phone start buzzing. Trying to answer it quickly I realise it's Liz.

“Where in the hell have you been, for fucks sake I needed you” I spit out before she had a chance to say anything. 

“Baby I'm rushing back,  I heard the voicemails from Lauren. Please tell me you found her” Liz sounds panicked but I let out a stressed and frustrated sigh.

“Yes she's found, I found her. We are going to go take a bath, poor girl is freezing” entering the elevator, I push the button for the fourth floor  to head back to our room to gather some supplies for the bath. 

“Thank fucking god” I heard my wife mutter under her breath. “Baby, I'm almost there. I know you're mad at me but um.. the officers told me some news about the break in and I just..”

she sounds ready to cry which washes away my boiling anger. “Liz, what did they tell you?” At this point I'm standing in front of the room frozen with worry. 

She clears her throat as I hear the car being shut off. “I uh, I think it's better if I told you in person. I'll be up in a few” I hear her get out of the car and begin walking “I love you Teagan, thank you for saving our girl” her voice was so soft before she hung up. I'm speechless and numb again. 

Audrey pulls me back to reality when she starts whining and wiggling against me. “Sorry love bug, mama got distracted” I kissed the top of her head as she wiped her face back and forth across my shirt.

 I make sure to put a diaper onto Audrey before walking back out into the hallways, along with her diaper bag full of everything we will need for this bath. I nearly forgot my hospital badge right as I left the room so I turned to grab it.

 “Oh thank goodness I got to you before the bath” I hear Liz say as she walks towards us. “Oh baby girl what happened?” She coos as she gently tries to take Audrey out of my arms. Audrey whines as she clings her arms around my neck.

 “Hey now, it's just mommy” Liz sounds a little hurt and I give her a sympathetic look as I rub Audrey's back. I hand the diaper bag to Liz as she follows me out of the room to the nurses quarters. 

Right as we enter we hear Audrey whine. “Owie” re-adjusting her to be propped on my hip, I quickly examined her. “What's wrong stringbean?” Liz softly asks as she smoothes Audrey's hair.

 All Audrey does is look at me with tears in her eyes as she holds her stomach. I carefully move her hand off her stomach as I lift her shirt to look but see nothing. “Babygirl does your tummy hurt?” She nods to my question as I make small circles on her stomach. 

Liz looks at me with worry and a silent question for me to answer. “She's probably just hungry, she had that nap then woke up and ran” giving Audrey's cheek a kiss, I bounced her as we continued our walk to the bathing area of the nurses quarters.