Chapter 6

Liz POV

Before I walked downstairs I checked in on Audrey. Opening her door I peeked in and saw her laying on her back sprawled out on her mattress with her pacifier on the floor. I silently coo as I walk in trying to be as quiet as I can.

I go to her changing table and grab a new pacifier, bringing it to her crib and gently brushing it across her lips. She wiggles a little but latches on and slowly suckles.

I stand and admire her for a few minutes before turning to leave and slowly closing her door, making sure to leave it open a gap.

Once I make it to the kitchen I start my search for my wife's pump. I looked in the cabinet in the corner and even in the pantry.

After almost giving up I finally found it in the storage closet near the garage. I started to clean each part and made sure they were dry before going back upstairs.

"Hey baby, I got it all clean for you" I smile as I help my wife plug it in and get it set up. "Thank you baby" she gestures for me to come closer and I do. She stares at me before pecking my lips and smiling. "I love you" I kiss her again and proceed to attack her with kisses causing her to erupt into a fit of giggles trying to push me away.

"Okay okay okay! I love you too" she pants out, trying to regain her breathing. Chuckling I just round the bed to my side and get comfy.

I watch as Teagen removes her shirt and attaches each pump to her breasts. Once she got them situated she flipped the pump on and the familiar swirling sound of the pump began.

"God I never realized how much I missed hearing that" I chuckle, looking over to my wife who seems void of emotions. "Baby what's wrong?" I scoot over to her side and pull her into my side. We lay like that for a bit until I heard her break apart. "Oh baby, I know" I sooth as I rake my hand through her hair and cuddle her closer.

She just continues to cry until we both hear this very loud cry come from the monitor. "Shit I got her baby, I'll be right back" looking at my phone that was charging on the side table I see it's 12am.

I turn and give her a sympathetic look, leaning towards her, I kiss her lips before rushing to Audrey's room. I want to comfort my wife but I know this girl needs someone right now.

When I get to her room I rush to her crib and pick her up. She was standing up on her knees holding the bars. "Honey what's wrong" I ask before I realize the problem.

The second my hand went to support her bottom I felt it wet. "Oh princess, it's okay. It was just an accident, these things happen" she continues to sob into my neck as I walk us both to her changing table.

Laying her down I strip her of her pj's and panties, discarding them in her laundry hamper before scooping her back up and bringing her to mine and Teagan's room to give her a quick shower.

"What happened, is she alright?" Tea panics as she detaches her pump because the bottles appeared full. "accident" I mouth to her and she nods in understanding. Walking to my shower I turn it on and wait for the water to warm up.

I start to sway us as Audrey continues to cry on my shoulder. "Audrey it's alright, it happens to everyone. No one's upset babygirl." I rub up and down her back trying to soothe her.

"Big girl" she cries out rubbing her fist on her eyes to try and clear the tears. "Even big girls have accidents honey, that's why they wear protection." She shakes her head no before flopping it back onto my shoulder.

I get her to calm a little after some more reassuring words and cuddles. "Give her to me" turning I see Teagan at the door now dressed in a tank top, holding her hands out.