Chapter 8

Teagan's POV

After sobbing my heart out all night tonight, I feel extremely exhausted. Liz told me to nap on the hospital bed until Audrey is done with surgery and I did take up that offer, except I haven't been able to sleep which is driving me mad.

I just have far too much going through my mind right now, I'm worried and scared about Audrey and how her surgery is going.

I mean how will she react when she's fully big? Is she going to lash out at us or hate us? She called me mama, did she mean that?

Or was it a trauma response. Sighing I roll over and look at my wife. She's so beautiful.

She makes me have butterflies everytime she looks my way, it makes me feel like a teenager all over again.

Smiling, watching her try and write an email for work and laughing a bit at her very focused, concentrated face she finally notices I'm still awake.

She smiles when she sees me but that quickly fades to a face of concern. "I'm sorry my love, did I wake you?" Shaking my head with a soft smile.

I sit up in the bed as she quickly comes to join my side. "I can't sleep. I tried honestly but I'm just worried." feeling her wrap her arms around me, pulling me into her side, I lay my head on her shoulder breathing in her scent.

"What's going through that mind of yours" Now running her fingers through my hair, I shrug and wrap my arms around her waist hugging her. "I'm just worried about how Audrey will react to us afterwards in her big space and also a little bit of her little space, I do have a feeling her little space won't hold anything against us " Feeling Liz stiffen a bit, I squeeze her waist a bit tighter.

"I am terrified of what big her will say or do. I don't even know where to begin to apologize to her." She hugs me tighter, we sit like that for a bit before I sit up. Looking at my hands in my lap I ask. "Do you think her calling me mama was like... a trauma response or do you think it was real?" My question comes out quiet and unsure.

Sitting in silence focusing on picking at my nails, I finally see Liz's hand come in view. She grabs hold of my hands effectively stopping my nervous habit. Feeling a finger under my chin, forcing my head up to face Liz head on, I see her soft expression.

"Baby I feel like it was genuine but was also a trauma response. It's still super early with our relationship with her but I think she can sense the mothering comfort from you." She wipes away a few shed tears that rolled down my cheek, resting her hand on my face that I lean into. Putting my hand over hers, I lean forward kissing her. Resting our foreheads together, I just enjoy her comfort.

"I think having a conversation with Audrey when she decides to be big would be best. If she is angry we need to give her space. This has all been so overwhelming and confusing for her, I think she needs a lot of time and comfort to be fully herself around us" Liz explains, caressing my cheek and pecking my forehead. Nodding, I stand up, stretching out my muscles and joints.

"Want to get some breakfast? I know we have been up all night but it's nearing 6am now and I don't know about you but I'm starving." Laughing I pull my wife up to her feet. "Baby I'm always hungry" She laughs.

Liz's POV

After we found some breakfast in the hospital cafeteria we went back to the room continuing our wait until our babygirl would be out of surgery. Tea has been really restless and I know she wants to hold Audrey in her arms. I also think she needs to see Audrey to know for sure that she's okay. No matter how much reassurance I've been giving her, she's still worried Audrey could be going downhill any moment.

Hearing a knock on the door, Tea immediately sits up and puts down her book she was reading. "Come in," I call out. A nurse opens the door and peaks her head in. "Hey you two. The surgery went super well! I'm here to bring you guys to Dr. Keith's office so we can get Audrey situated here."