Chapter 7

Liz POV

I pulled up to the emergency entrance and let Teagan and Audrey go ahead to start the process while I drove around to find parking.

I can't believe her wrist is most likely broken because of me. If only I grabbed her arm or something less fragile.

I just panicked when Tea yelled my name pointing and rushing towards me, it all felt surreal and slow motion.

I felt her wrist under my hold and I can't shake that feeling or the sounds of her sobs. She already had a rough start for her first night with us and this just adds fuel to the fire.

Sighing as I found a parking space a bit far from the entrance I shut the car off and gather our things, making sure I lock the car as I make my way to meet up with my wife.

The second I get through the doors all I hear is Audrey's screaming sobs and Tea's hushed voice trying to calm her.

Rounding the corner to the waiting room, I spot them both seated in a chair against the far wall, Audrey seated facing Teagan sobbing into her chest. My wife sounds and looks like she's about to break down.

Taking a seat next to Teagan and putting our bags on the floor. I pull her into my side, kissing the top of her head. "She just keeps crying, she seems like she's in so much pain." Her voice is quivering slightly.

I hate that I caused all this. Shedding a silent tear, I look up to the ceiling to stop myself from crying more.

Once I calm myself I look back down and see Audrey looking at me with her face resting Teagan's chest.

I reach over and wipe her tears off her cheeks, grabbing her pacifier clipped to her pj's I hold it up to her lips, hoping she takes it to quiet down her sobs.

Once she took it, she instantly calmed down besides her occasional whimper and hiccup.

With Teagan's head resting on my shoulder she looks down at Audrey and rubs up and down her back. I watch as Audrey just snuggles deeper into Teagan.

Whispering into Tea's ear "I feel horrible but you are so good at giving her comfort my love, she seems so comfortable"

chuckling I correct myself "as comfortable as she can get I suppose" Tea laughs.

"Yeah, it still isn't your fault baby I promise you, she isn't upset with you or think it's your fault. It really was an accident" I nod and hold them closer to me.

After what feels like an hour a nurse calls us back. We stand, being careful to not hurt Audrey. I would hate to hear her cry in pain again.

I grab our bags, hiking them up on my shoulder before following behind everyone through the doors.

"We need to see Dr. Keith, um Audrey is special." Tea explains to the nurse, who looks confused and looks down on her iPad before jerking her head up and backing away a bit looking frightened.

Teagan and I share a look before looking back at the nurse who is typing frantically on her iPad.

"Is there a problem?" I ask, this nurse is starting to piss me off, she's acting like Audrey is someone to be feared or gawked at. She's a little girl who's hurting.

"I um, sorry I don't agree with the lifestyle it goes against God's will. I can't in good faith help a devil worshiper such as that" she gestures towards Audrey who looks to cry again.

I love a bigger Audrey but baby Audrey would be so helpful right now because she wouldn't have to listen to this.

Teagan holds Audrey closer and gasps in shock. I'm fucking fuming. Stepping closer to the nurse to the point I'm face to face with her. I growl in anger before saying,