Michikatsu x reader (Part 1)

Sengoku Era
Human! Kokushibo
Maid! Reader
i_made_ohio_scared

In this fanfic, Yoriichi didn't leave the house after their mother died. Although Michikatsu is envious of his brother's talent, he's decided that he'll get along well with his brother. Anyway, there are more pressing issues in Michikatsu's mind (e.g, you).
I have zero knowledge about what maids call their masters, etc so please forgive me if this oneshot is kind of unrealistic.

"He's so handsome!" The other maids giggled as they caught sight of Michikatsu training out in the yard. They swooned when Yoriichi emerged from the mansion, carrying a wooden sword as well. Both of them were shirtless, making even more maids pour out from the mansion to stare at them.

"I can't decide which one is hotter!"

"I think Yoriichi is the better-looking one."

"No way! It's obviously Michikatsu!"

You focused on the basket of laundry on your hands, wanting to hurry and finish hanging all of them before lunchtime. You were supposed to inform the two brothers that it would be time to eat soon, or they wouldn't stop training.

Once you were done, you carried the basket and left it on the engawa before heading in the direction of the twins. They were still sparring. Laughs and comments were being exchanged.

"Uh...excuse me..." you started meekly, keeping a fair distance between their swords and yourself.

"Oh! Y/N san! Is it lunchtime already?" Yoriichi gave you a bright smile. Michikatsu edged away, looking slightly embarrassed as he slipped his yukata on.

You nodded. 

"Well, see you around!" Yoriichi waved and pulled his brother along. He seemed to whisper something in his brother's ear, which made Michikatsu smack him round the head. You smiled a little to yourself as you rushed to the kitchen to get plates.

---

Yoriichi nudged Michikatsu as he noticed you walking along the corridor. The older twin glared at him, before smiling shyly at you. You bowed in return, grinning a little.

Yoriichi smirked, watching his brother try to start a conversation with you. Michikatsu gave up, sighing and leaving you confused in the hallway. You glanced questioningly at Yoriichi, who spared you an apologetic glance before he hurried off after his brother.

"Why can't you just talk to her?" he whispered when he caught up. Michikatsu slammed his forehead against the wall and let out an exasperated groan. 

Yoriichi shook his head, trying not to laugh at his twin.

Michikatsu wasn't sure when he started seeing you differently. You had only recently started working at the Tsugikuni estate. You didn't catch his eye at first.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" you apologized fervently, bowing multiple times. Michikatsu stared at you, slightly taken aback, laundry all over the floor. You panicked even more when he didn't answer. 

"Please don't fire me!" Oh God, of all the people you had to bump into...why not smiling Yoriichi? At least he didn't seem like the type who would fire you because you had bumped into him. Unlike his older twin. You were sometimes a little intimidated by Michikatsu's blank face and cold aura. He looked grumpy all the time, anyway.

Just when you thought you'd be kicked out for sure, Michikatsu bent over and started picking up the laundry you had scattered all over the floor.

"I-I'll clean this up!" you quickly gathered all the clothes. 

Disheveled, messy hair...horrified expression, wide eyes... Michikatsu suppressed a laugh, settling for a slight upturn of his lips. 

Maybe it was then. He didn't know. But that memory would pop up whenever his mind wandered to you, or when he was almost asleep. In the case of the latter, he would jerk and immediately feel embarrassed. You occupied so much of his thoughts he felt like he was thinking about you 24/7. 

---

"They're sparring again!" 

You glanced, uninterested, at the two, and back at the crowd of maids who were blocking the doorway. Sighing, you went to find another door. Were you the only sane person around here? It wasn't even Valentine's yet.

Michikatsu's eyes searched the crowd, making some girls faint.

"She's not here. I saw her go into the house just now."

"How do you keep an eye on the house while sparring me?" Michikatsu grumbled, plopping down in front of a tree.

"If you like her you should just tell her." Yoriichi shrugged as he took a sip of water. 

'It's not that easy, you know."

"Because you always blush when you're around h---whoa!" Yoriichi dodged as Michikatsu swung his wooden sword at him.

"Playing dirty, are we?" 

---

Michikatsu knew his crush wasn't a temporary one. Of course he hoped it would go away, but that didn't seem to be happening anytime soon. His heart still skipped a beat when he saw you, and you were still the last person he thought about before he fell asleep.

So he distanced himself from you as much as possible: turning tail when he spotted you wiping the floor, ducking into his room when you were cleaning nearby, and avoiding your eyes when the two of you walked past each other. 

You hardly noticed his attempts at distancing himself from you. After all, the estate was immense. Sometimes you wouldn't even see him for a few days straight.

It's useless, Michikatsu thought one day. He ran two hands through his hair, messing up his bangs and ponytail.

Yoriichi stepped into the room, catching on immediately when he noticed his brother rolling around on the floor.

Looks like I have to take matters into my own hands, the younger twin thought.

Going to do a part two because this oneshot is too long to cram into one part.

915 words

Not proofread