Chapter 8 - Julie and Luke

Waking up still feeling the kiss from last night. What does it mean? It was more than just the music. We connected somehow. I'm glad it's Saturday and I have all weekend to figure it out. Not fully awake yet I grabbed my phone turned it on and texted Flynn. "Flynn come over I think I like Luke," but the reply I got wasn't from Flynn. The reply was "what?" From Luke as I went to the window and saw him in his looking my way.

I quickly closed the blinds and grabbed my phone fully awake now. My subconscious wasn't on the same page as my mind this morning. I can't hide in my room all day. Especially since it's already 10am in the morning. Can't believe my mom let me sleep this long. I got up took a shower while listening to my remix playlist. Which easied my mind a little.

I got out the shower drying my body and hair went to my room and tried to find some to wear that was just comfortable. Cause I was going to see if I could finish at least one of my parts of the song, we started last night before we, yea, stop thinking about it Julie. I got dressed texted Flynn for real and told my parents if it's not Flynn I'm not here. And headed to the garage.

Flynn got to my house and new her bestie all to well. Because she came straight to the garage. "What's the dying emergency that I had to drive my dad's car over here? Which he wasn't happy about," Flynn asked her best friend. "Last night I kissed Luke," she said uncertain it was the right decision. "Ok, he's hot what's the problem?" She said like it wasn't an emergency for to come over in a pannick.

"That's not the problem," I said feeling embarrassed. "The problem is I told him I like him this morning, when I thought I was texting you," I said not knowing what to do. "So you texted me to come over here because you told a guy you liked that you liked him. Julie if you wasn't my best friend I would kill you. You and Luke been flirting for weeks now, something was bound to happen between you too. So chill out and just ride the rollercoaster of fun." She said with a smile.

"Anyway off the love Jones stuff what are you doing?" She asked walking to my piano where I was sitting. "This is the song me and Luke was working on together last night. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to write for my part," Julie said. "Well, play what you have maybe I can help you with what you should put next," Flynn said wanting to help her mind blocked friend. Julie played what they had so far and she was stumped.

"I got it," Julie said. "Listen to this," 🎤here in front of me, shining so much brighter than I have seen, life can be so mean, but when goes, I know he doesn't leave🎤 what do you think about that?" I asked Flynn. "I loved it," another voice said staying at the garage door. We looked and it was Luke. "I'm going to leave you two alone," Flynn said walking out of the garage and down the walkway. "I need to talk to you about the text this morning," Luke started but I stopped him. "I sleep text alot don't worry about it, seriously don't," I said wanting to change the subject. "Ok I see you don't want to tell the truth about how you feel so let's just finish the song and I will go home," he said pretending every thing was ok.

"Fine, we can start where I left off," I said a little irritated. "Fine, play the melody for the chorus," Luke said holding in what he really wanted to say. "I think I got it but we song it together," I nodded and read what he wrote on the music sheet. "Ok let's try it, 🎤 the truth is finally breaking through, two worlds collide when I'm with you, our voices rise and soar so high, we come to life when we're🎤

"I have the next part, together ok," I say as once again I get lost in his eyes. 🎤 In perfect harmony, woah woah, perfect harmony, woah woah, perfect harmony, you set me free, you and me together is more chemistry, love me as I am, I'll hold your music here inside my heads, we say we're friends, we play pretend, you're more to me, we're everything, our voices rise and soar so high we come to life when we're🎤

As we sing the chorus again, we figured out the rest of the song. 🎤I feel your rhythm in my heart, yeah yeah, you are my brightest, burning star, woah-woah, I never knew a love so real (so real), we're heaven on earth, melody and words, when we are together we're, in perfect harmony, woah woah, perfect harmony, woah woah, we say we're friends, we play pretend, you're more more to me we create a perfect harmony🎤.

After the last part we started kissing again. Not paying attention to our background. When our friends started cheering and applauding us on. "How long have you guys been standing there?" Luke asked afraid they saw the kiss and the chemistry between him and Julie. "A while, basically we saw everything," Alex said. "You too are oozing with chemistry," Reggie said. "Yea, don't ever say oozing again, but you guys do have amazing chemistry together," Alex said.

Flynn still in shock when she saw them kiss was just standing there. "Flynn are you ok?" Julie asked as she walked towards her best friend. Flynn came out of her trance and said, "yea I'm good, so when's the first date happening," she announced. I looked at Luke and he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Ok so you can't just kiss a girl and leave her hanging," she said looking at Luke.

Feeling the pressure he got up and left the garage. Reggie and Alex followed him. "What was that all about?" Flynn asked her friend that had a sad look on her face. "I don't know, maybe you tried to pressure him into asking me out when he wasn't ready," I said as I went inside my house and left Flynn feeling confused about what she did.