Chapter Twenty. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

The elves tracked the E.L.F.S, so they could keep tabs on them. So, everyone would know when Santa was safe. Mackenzie paced back and forth in the room nervously while Bernard was looking at one of the screens. "Babe?" Mackenzie asked. The head elf turned around. "Can't you just look into the future and tell us?" she asked. "I can't..." He muttered. "What was that?" she leaned forward. "I SAID I CAN'T!" he shouted angrily. Mackenzie looked shocked, while the elves were unfazed by Bernard's outburst. "Why are you yelling at me?"

"I'm sorry..." he apologized then looked away. Poinsettia went up to the human. "Don't take it to heart, Bernie only has three emotions." She explained, Mackenzie turned to her with a raised eyebrow. "Happy, angry, and ugh." Poinsettia explained holding up three fingers. She chuckled, that was easy to believe. Bernard didn't want to be cross with his girlfriend, but he needed to make sure that their New Santa made it back safety, for everyone's sake. He turned when someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was Poinsettia. "Comfort her." She spoke in south elfish. "We will let you know when we hear something."

Bernard nodded. He and Mackenzie walked through the village; it was quiet because every elf was worried about Scott. "I shouldn't have snapped at you, it was naughty." The elf finally said. "He's your uncle, and you have more right to be worried then the rest of us." He felt like he was making this about his father and what happened the previous year. "It's alright, I get it." She looked at her boyfriend with a smile. "Did I ever tell you how cute it is when you use Christmas puns?" she asked blushing a bit. He smiled back, blushing as well. "No...you didn't." they stared at each other, as they slowly leaned closer. "Mack! Bernard!" Curtis called running up to them, they quickly looked away from one another. "What is it?" the head elf turned to him. "We found Santa." Curtis answered. Mackenzie grabbed him by the shoulders. "Where is he? Is he okay!?" she asked shaking the poor elf. "Heading back to the Millers and yeah I think so." Curtis said pushing her away. Mackenzie turned to her boyfriend. "Let's go to the Millers!" she reached over and grabbed his hand. "Alright, I'll get my coat." They went to his room, so he could get his coat.

Scott and Charlie went through the back door at Neal's house. "Mom, Neal. I'm home!" he called to his parents, they ran into the room and hugged him. "Sweetheart! Come here." Laura hugged him tightly once Neal let go. "Oh Sweetheart!" although they were happy that he was back, they noticed Mackenzie was still missing. "Where's Mack?" Neal asked Scott. "She's safe at the North Pole." He answered picking his hat up that was still next to the Christmas tree, then peeked out the window. He looked back at his family. "I don't have a lot of time." Santa told them. Laura put Charlie down and he went over to his father and asked about the gifts he made. Which Scott pointed to. "Come on, we better go." Charlie started walking away. "No Charlie, wait!" Laura cried, but it was Scott who got their son to stop and told him that it's better if he stayed with Laura and Neal. Then Scott explained that it would be selfish to keep Charlie at the North Pole, since Laura and Neal wouldn't be able to come visit them. "We're a family, you, me, your mom. Mack..." Scott looked over at Neal. "And Neal...." Santa looked back down at Charlie. "So, you'll need to be with your mom and Neal too, the same so goes for your cousin." Scott finished. Charlie hugged his father. "I'll miss you too much." He was crying, Scott sat on the couch and pulled his son onto his lap.