Chapter Sixteen. He is too Santa!!

November

Bernard wanted to go see Mackenzie but didn't have the time because he and the other elves were getting ready for the New Santa. But he really wanted to, so he decided to use the magic snowball. He went to Santa's office where he could be alone without Poinsettia bugging him. "Show me, Mackenzie Wolfe." He told the snowball. It glowed and soon Mackenzie appeared, she was crying in her room. Without a second thought, the elf was on his feet and teleporting to her room. "Kenzie, what's the matter? Why are you crying?" he asked softly, sitting down next to her. She wrapped her arms around him. "Charlie's mom and stepdad want to take us away from Uncle Scott!" she cried. Bernard rubbed her back. "It's going to be alright."

"How do you know?"

"Because they will believe again real soon." The elf promised. Soon there was a knock on the door. "Y-yeah?" Mackenzie asked. "Laura and Neal are here to take you to the courthouse." Scott said from the other side of the door. "Alright, I'll be right there." She answered. She waited for him to walk away before looking at Bernard. "I have to go."

"Yeah, me too." They let go of each other and stood up. "I'll be back on Thanksgiving." He promised, she nodded then hugged him before leaving him standing alone in her room.

Mackenzie was silent on the way to the courthouse, but once they got there and were inside, she couldn't hold her feelings in anymore. "You can't do this!" she screamed at Laura and Neal. "It's for your and Charlie's own good, Mack." Neal said calmly. "I want to stay with Uncle Scott!" Mackenzie cried. "We're just looking out for you two." Laura responded. The teen glared at her. "Your parents wouldn't want you to be in danger."

"What's so dangerous about Santa Claus?"

"You're not falling for this too, are you!?" Neal couldn't believe what he was hearing, because Mackenzie was way too old to believe in childish things like this. "Yes, I am!" she yelled even louder than before. Some of the people were looking at them now. "Mack. Calm down." Neal said. "Shut up Neal! You and Laura can't take me away from Uncle Scott!"

"We can, if it means keeping you safe."

"Safe from what!? A man who brings joy to the children of the world!?" she paused for a breath. "Or from the elf I love!?" she shouted; tears were rolling down her cheeks. She was so upset that she didn't realize that she confessed her love for Bernard. Neal opened his mouth to speak but the judge opened the door. "Mackenzie Wolfe?" he said, she turned to face him. "Come in." she nodded and followed him into the room; he closed the door behind them.

She sat at the desk with her arms crossed. "Miss Wolfe, I want to ask you a few questions about your uncle." The judge sat across from her. "Which I want you to answer truthfully." she stayed silent. "Is your uncle Santa Claus?" she didn't answer, which the judge didn't like. "Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing." Mackenzie finally spoke. The judge gave up on asking Mackenzie any further questions, so he sent her out of the room, and brought Charlie in. Mackenzie sat quietly as she listened to Laura and Neal talk about when they stopped believing in Santa Claus. Mackenzie thought back to when she stopped believing but couldn't remember the exact reason she stopped believing or anything about that time of her life, other than the fact that she was six. Mackenzie was brought out of her thoughts when the loud sound of a door being swung open interrupted her. "Where's Charlie?" Scott asked running up to the adults and teenager. She stood up and hugged him, because she had a feeling that this would be the last time they would see each other. "With the Judge. Uncle Scott I think he'll..." She was cut off by the door opening, and Charlie calling out. "Dad!" as he ran up to him, Scott picked him up. "Don't worry. I told the Judge everything about the North Pole and you." The boy whispered not understanding how bad that was. "Dr. and Mrs. Miller, you can take the children home." The Judge said then turned to Scott. "Mr. Calvin please come with me." Scott put Charlie down on the floor, kissed him and Mackenzie on the head, and then followed the Judge. The Millers and the children walked away. Charlie was crying as they left; Mackenzie wanted to cry but she had no more tears left to shed. She knew that they thought they did the right thing, but oh, were they wrong.