Chapter Three. Saw that

Bernard was walking around the workshop at 7AM. So, he knew his father was on his way home from delivering gifts, he hoped that his sister didn't get caught and that his father would return safe. "What are you still doing here?" he jumped when he heard Mrs. Claus' voice behind him. "Just checking on things." His mother didn't believe him, because the shop was closed for the moment and wouldn't be opened again until Santa returned.

"And where is your sister?" It was odd to see them apart. He was silent too long for his mother's liking. "Bernard Kris Claus." She crossed her arms and looked at him with a stern look. The Head Elf hated it when his parents used his full name.

"Haven't seen her; maybe she's with Quintin or Curtis." he answered. Curtis and Poinsettia had been friends for years, she was always good at making friends, while her brother never really tried to make any, but did he need them? He had his sister, oh and Quintin. Jessica was about to answer when one of the elves called over the speaker. "Santa is returning!" Mrs. Claus went to the stables to greet her husband. Bernard started to follow but was stopped when someone grabbed his arm. He turned quickly to see his sister; he didn't notice the sad look on her face, because he was glad that their father was returning, and just really wanted to see him. "Poinsettia let go, I want to see Father!" he pulled his arm away and ran after their mother.

"Bernie! I have to tell you something!" Poinsettia cried running after him, but he wouldn't listen; he was just overjoyed that his father was returning, and that his vision didn't come true.

He leaned against a wall with his arms crossed and smiled as the sled came down into the room. But his smile disappeared when he saw a brown-haired man wearing his father's coat and pants. The elves were confused, scared, and worried all at the same time. Mrs. Claus quickly left the room in tears when she saw the new Santa. "Where are all the adults?" Scott asked himself out loud, his son looked at everything in wonder. While his niece shook her head as they looked around at the elves staring up at the sled just as confused as they were, but the elves soon return to their duties. The head elf turned to the south pole elf next to him. "Who's that and where's father!?" he tried not to yell.

"That's what I was trying to tell you!" she yelled. "He fell off that guy's roof and disappeared!"

"What!?" he gasped this meant that his vision came true!

Scott was trying to get one of the girl elves to tell him what was going on, where he was, and who the boss was. The elf answered everything in elfish but to the new Santa it sounded like Finish. "Is there someone here who speaks English?" Scott demanded. Bernard stormed over before Poinsettia could stop him. "Is there a problem here?" he asked in English; he was trying to keep his anger on the down low even though he was furious at the man. Scott and the elf girl accused each other at the same time, pointing at each other. "What kind of 'Santa' doesn't know elfish?" the elf sassed at her boss.
"I'm sorry? Are we on a coffee break?" the taller elf leaned forward with his hands on his hips, he was speaking in north elfish now. The girl glared up at him. "We don't drink coffee; you and your people do."

"THEN I GUESS, the break is over!" Bernard shouted. "Back to work, thank you." Even though the two elves were speaking North elfish, Scott could tell that the taller kid was angry. "Hey, don't be so hard on her." he said once the kid was walking away. "Who are you?" Bernard turned to him, "Bernard, nice to meet you.... Santa." His sentence was bittern as he walked away. "I'm not Santa!" Scott called after him as he followed him, complaining about the night. "He doesn't even take responsibility." Bernard said in south elfish to his sister who replied: "I'm upset too, but Father wouldn't want us to be Grinches." She took his hand in hers. He looked at her, her eyes were teary and red from crying, which he was holding back on doing, until he was alone. "So, let's be jolly." She smiled, he took a breath before returning the smile, she was right he had to put on a jolly act even though he was anything but. Poinsettia and Bernard turned to Scott. "The other Santa disappeared, right?" The Head Elf asked in English, keeping his sister's advice in mind, though he wanted this Santa to disappear. He forced a smile as he shook his head turning away and pulling Poinsettia along with him. "Wait a minute, hey! I know where this is going." Scott followed the two.