Chapter Twelve. Déjà vu

Scott didn't know how he felt about Mackenzie and Bernard spending so much time together, or having the elf at his house so much, or how friendly he was getting with his niece. Especially after finding out that he would come and visit her when she was a child. Maybe Scott was just overthinking things, and they were just friends. But he still wouldn't let them be in a room alone, which bugged Mackenzie a bit. "Uncle Scott. You don't have to be in the room?" She said looking over at him, they were sitting on the couch in the living room watching the Swan Princess and Scott was sitting between the two. "I'm fine, here. And Ben doesn't mind, right?" Scott put his arm around the elf who forced a smile. "Of course not, sir." Bernard was trying not to sound annoyed, but Mackenzie picked up on it. She stood up. "Uncle Scott, can I talk to you?" she asked. He nodded and followed her out of the room, she led them to the front room. "Why won't you leave us alone?" "Because I need to make sure that you two don't do-"
"No, no stop!" she cut her uncle off, covering her ears like a child. "We're not going to do anything besides watch the movie." She said. Scott trusted her, but that didn't mean that he couldn't worry about her. "Look, I just worry about you. And I want to make sure that you're safe, and that you don't do something you'll regret."
"I get it, but I'm not a child, so I would appreciate if you didn't treat me like one." He sighed; "You're right, I'm sorry. Fine, you and Bernard can watch your movie... alone." Scott responded. Mackenzie smiled and returned to the other room. She sat next to the elf and snuggled up against him. He smiled and put his arm around her. Scott peeked around the corner. "Uncle." His niece glared at him. "Right, sorry. I'll be in my room." He walked away. Mackenzie sighed. Bernard looked at her, "Sorry...my uncle is just being overprotective."
"It's okay, my mother is the same way." He said, then chuckled. "You should have seen her when I learned how to teleport and ended up in a holly bush." Mackenzie laughed. "She had a reindeer." He laughed too. She loved his laugh; she nudged his shoulder with her own. He smiled at her, they looked at the TV and watched the movie. "I don't really understand..." he mumbled. "Didn't she just tell the Frog, that she has to kiss her true love?" she turned to face him and nodded. "Yeah." "But she just kissed the prince..." the elf sounded super confused. "But he also has to do a big love confession." She explained. Bernard nodded. "Do you have movies at the north pole?" "Of course. All the best Christmas movies." He replied keeping his eyes on the TV. "We don't have any movies about Santa Claus, because they're never right." That made since to her because why would the elves like the movies about their boss, if they were not accurate? After the movie, they decided on going to a coffee shop. Mackenzie told Scott that they were going to get some coffee and asked him if he wanted anything. "No, I'm fine. But be careful you two." He shouted from his room.