Lost Connection

A few days ago...

Candle trudged through the river's waters with her fishing spear in her hand. Waiting along the side of the river was Silver Spoon, arms crossed as he watched her every move. He wasn't in the very best mood, given he hadn't gotten over the newly formed dent in his side as a result of falling on a rock. It wasn't that big of a dent, yet he was quite dramatic about it. But that was beside the point. "So...remind me why you've brought me down to this...filthy creek again? Ugh, it's giving me salmonella me just looking at it..." Silver gawked as the water crashed against the rocks around it.

"I was hoping that bringing you down here would give you a sense of relief. You being one of the more...complicated types," Candle replied, causing Silver to chuckle in response.

"Complicated? What is that supposed to mean, dear?"

"Was it not you who started the fight with Paintbrush yesterday? You have quite the ego set for yourself, Silver. But I sense somewhere within you, there is a storm brewing, begging to be let out one way or another."

"Well, I'll definitely be bringing in a storm if I continue to stay on this island any longer. I could be relaxing back at my humble abode right now, living in the lap of luxury, and here I am eating worm filled food and being scraped by branches and animals every two seconds."

"Survival isn't always fun, Silver. You must learn to prioritize what's important in this situation. Your survival, your sanity, your well-being, or everything that makes you 'the regal.'"

Silver just looked down at the water again, then back to Candle, who was giving him an emotionless glance. Though he wanted to say something meaningful, he wasn't able to come up with anything. All he said in that moment was "I suppose I could...try and have some self-control. Yet you still don't have my trust yet."

Candle chuckled and turned back to the water, "If we don't have trust, what do we have?"

...

...

Present Day...

Silver Spoon pushed away bushes and vines leaning him back to the camp. "Ugh...I made a promise to Candle not to complain...But this is getting on my nerves...!" He mumbled to himself once he stumbled into the camp. "Hey mate! I was just about to get you!" The Floor chimed when he saw Silver emerge from the trees. Everyone else seemed to be accounted for. Everyone...but Candle. Silver Spoon glanced around for a bit, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. Yet, there was no one in sight. "...Have you...notified Candle of our meeting yet?" He asked.

"Uh, not yet. I think she's still in the cave."

Silver Spoon just looked at the Floor before he went over to the cave's entrance, pulling back the vines. There was no trace of her. Only Blueberry sat in the cave. His eyes glanced up at Silver Spoon, but he didn't say anything. "...This had better be a joke, blue one," Silver furrowed his brow at the little blue fruit.

"Hey, Don't be mean to Blueberry...!" Goo slithered in, "Hey, buddy! Do you know where Candle went?"

"No. Not really." Blueberry replied, earning a bit of silence from Silver and Goo.

"...You must be joking. If Candle is not in here, where could she have gone, huh?! I-"

Silver suddenly stepped on something.

A purple goop on the ground, right next to the rock Blueberry sat next to.

A wave of horror filled his face.

"...What did you do?" Silver asked.

"What did I do?" Blueberry replied.

Suddenly, the spoon threw Blueberry onto the wall, hands digging into the sides of his skin as they began to bleed bright blue juice. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" He screamed, practically slamming him into the rocks of the wall. Blueberry grunted in pain as Silver threw him against the rocky boulders. Goo quickly slithered up to Silver's leg, biting into his ankle and causing him to release the fruit. "Silver, stop!" Goo shouted, "Please, no fighting! Blueberry probably doesn't know anything! M-Maybe it's just a bit of...u-uh...mushy berries! Yeah! They can be...sticky when you step on them, and they get on your new shoes and stain them forever!"

"I KNOW HE DID SOMETHING! TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO CANDLE YOU...YOU MOLDING FILTH!" Silver shouted again, prompting Blueberry to look up at him with his slanted eyed.

"...I don't know what you're talking about," He said with a frown, "But if you want to pin the blame on someone, do it to anyone but the weak. Do you think I coil honestly have the mental capacity, let alone the strength, to kill someone like Candle?"

"Y-You think I'd believe such NONSENSE?! You're the only other person in this cave! I CAN SMELL HER BLOOD ALL OVER YOUR PATHETIC HANDS!"

"Trust me, I wash everytime go."

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!"

Silver essentially grabbed at where Blueberry's throat would be, slamming him onto the wall while grasping somewhere close to his windpipe. Watching it all happen in horror was Goo. Be frantically looked around for anything that could help him in the situation before eyeing Candle's meditation crystal on the ground. As quick as he could go he slithered to the crystal, picking up the chiming instrument with his mouth and tapping it against it.

*Ding!*

A rough ding chimed through the cave. In an instant, the calming feeling came back to both Silver and Blueberry. The spoon dropped Blueberry onto the ground, sighing a breath of relief when the relaxation coursed through his veins. He really needed that...But he quickly realized what he was doing. Looking down at Blueberry, then back to Goo.

...Then, he left.

He just left.

Goo watched as Silver just ran out of the cave, throwing back the vines in a fit of hysteria. Blueberry's eyes trailed back towards the blue blob of slime, "...Thank you," was the only thing he muttered.

...

...

Silver Spoot sat down heavily, his knees collapsing on the rocks near the river. The river where he and Candle were talking just a few days prior. If he thought hard enough, he could vividly see Candle's face, still giving him that blank expression she gave him. Then, chuckling.

"If we don't have trust, what do we have?"

Silver sat back heavily...And then screamed.

Sorry for no pictures in this one, I'm a bit too tired. But I'll probably edit them in post-publish.