Baby Steps

"Alright, now, just try taking a step forward..."

"What do you think I've been trying to do?"

Nickel leaned his prosthetic leg outwards, before suddenly collapsing on the ground once again. Balloon was quick to catch him, helping him back up to his feet. "Ugh, why even bother...? I'm just gonna be stuck sitting for the rest of my life!" Nickel groaned, still wobbling on his faulty leg. "Um...it's okay, Nickel. There's still enough time to try again."

"I know, I know, it's kinda hard but

"I know, I know, it's kinda hard but...you can at least try and get used to it, right?"

Nickel didn't respond, only sighing as he sat back down on the grass, right next to Bow. "Why are you suddenly acting like you care about me? Since we went out to get the food on the boat, you've been spending too much of your time with me," He said.

"Well, just because we don't like each other doesn't mean I can't care about you, right...?" Balloon replied.

"OOoooh, dramaaaa," Bow whispered.

"Ugh, it's not that I'm not ungrateful. It's just...Is this just part of you trying to redeem yourself?"

"O-Of course not! It's just me caring about your well-being..."

"Well...thanks for your kindness."

Balloon sighed, "Maybe we can just try one more time? I-I'm sure we can get this right." Nickel just looked back at Balloon. Though he didn't care for Balloon's presence, it seemed everyone else was too busy to help him out besides Bow, Box, and Balloon. It wasn't like he could help anyway. Not with this prosthetic. Seemed like trusting his "enemy" was the best option he had. So, he turned around and said "alright. I guess we could try again," prompting Balloon to smile.

"Thanks, Nickel..."

Away from the group, Cabby sat next to the fire with Clover, who was eating Yang's leftover fish from last night. Silver Spoon approached her with a smile, hands behind his back, "Ahh, Shamrock! Good to be seeing you this morning, I hope?" He said, to which Clover chuckled.

"Yeah, it's actually pretty warm out, don't you think?"

"Hm...warm enough to collect some more food, wouldn't you say? I think with a little bit of luck, we may be able to catch something better for our bellies tonight."

"Oh, well..."

"Silver, are you implying you want Clover to start hunting?" Cabby butted into the conversation. "Oh nonononoooo, I couldn't possibly have the poor innocent Clover, who's blessed with good fortune yet chooses not to use it for any of our resources, go out there and get herself harmed!" Silver said in a dramatic tone.