Chapter 17 - Retaliation hurts

Leo didn't know how to feel, he doesn't know what he is feeling right now, there's too much going on in his head, he's exhausted, he just came back from a very intense fight and he's still stressed, and now his baby brother's condition is getting worse and Mikey is too distraught crying to actually tell him what happened or even how it happened, Mikey's legs are giving in, he's almost falling on the floor if it wasn't for Leo holding him so tight in his arms, Leo ends up kneeling down to let his brother rest for a bit and calm down, Donnie ends up listening to Michelangelo's whimpers and goes there to check on the situation and is shocked to see that both of them seem very... w... why is Mikey's white skin taking up more space in his body?

As Donatello notices Mikey's condition he just spirals in panic and frustration, was the condition worsening? Is Mikey reverting back into a dimension X beast? Is this dangerous? So many more questions for Donnie to add to the list of 'questions with no clear answer' that he's got since they found Mikey and when they first arrived home, Donnie practically grabbed Michelangelo and yanked him out of Leo's arms, making both the oldest and the youngest freak out, Leo's reaction was out of worry, Mikey's was out of shock and terror after being taken away from his comfort and taken away to the lab once more, he was honestly starting to resent that room so damn much, Donnie didn't even let Michelangelo speak or explain himself, he strapped Mikey to the table and collected new blood samples he felt like he was desperately needing, Michelangelo was fighting to the best of his capacities, but the newly built-in straps were too strong against his tired affected body.

It was nerve-wracking for him to not be able to fight back when the syringes were draining his blood, and so, he screamed and cried, trying to convince Donnie to let him go, but he was set on making the cure there and now, he couldn't wait any longer, he feared Michelangelo was going to die right there if he didn't do something quick, he feels as if the calm and slow paced approach he's been using on developing Mikey's cure was a grave mistake, he must have got lazy and sloppy, his inventions never failed when he worked under stress, even if it wasn't the most healthy thing for him to do, it always showed good results, and now, in the one time he tried to take his own time and not rush through the motions, his baby brother was suffering.

Leo was banging on the Lab's locked doors as he tried to get to Mikey and snap Donatello out of his craze, but it didn't help, soon Raph joined the group and all Leo could say in the moment was that Donnie took Mikey for testing a cure, which didn't bother Raph, after all, isn't a cure all it takes to heal someone? If Donnie is so certain that it's gonna work that he is trapping himself away with him on the lab, it must mean this hell is finally over and that Mikey was coming back to normal, Raph was glad this was happening, still not being told the whole story since Leo was pratically trying to break down the door with brute force.

When Raph noticed Leo's strange behavior, he didn't hesitate before grabbing his older bro and yanking him away from the door to try and get him to calm down, that was until they both heard Mikey's deafening scream coming from the other side of that door, which prompted Raph to try and get Donnie to come out as well, Donnie didn't budge on his decision, he had a needle of prototype medice just inches away from Mikey's skin, Michelangelo couldn't contain himself any longer, the panic got the better of him, he stretched his neck horrifyingly and reached for his older brother, diving his sharp teeth into Donatello's arm, not playfully, the bite was deep, drawing blood from his fore arm as Mikey pulls Donnie away from him, Donatello is caught by surprise, screaming in pain before falling on the floor after being pulled so hard, Mikey was really not holding back on him, it felt like he was about to rip the whole arm right off.

Donnie only had time to deactivate the lock on the door and yell for the help of his brothers as Mikey was basically swinging him around like a rag doll as his whole body started to grow beneath the straps, Leo and Raph entered the room and immediately tried to help, Leo went to deal with Mikey while Raoh tried to get Donnie off Mikey's mouth, it was quite a battle, but after Raph found some tranquilizers, he used them on Mikey which basically made him pass out, finally allowing them to save Donnie, but Leo was more worried about their youngest brother, freeing him from the straps and picking Mikey up in his arms, Raph and Donnie tried to yell for Leo's attention since Donnie's arm was practically mauled at that point, but all they got was a shooting death glare and an earful from the leader, that refused to help Donnie in favor of helping Michelangelo, that had been ejected with multiple tranquilizers like a wild animal when he was just trying to defend himself after Donnie went ballistic, Leo angry carried Mikey back to him room to help him recover and maybe get Leo's thoughts sorted out.