𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

I look up at his face, his brows wrinkled up in pain, the faint stress lines on his forehead creasing as he clenches his jaw shut tightly.

As soon as he hears me pop open the bottle of wound cleaner his eyes snap open to eye it wearily.

"Don't."

"I need to clean it first before I start, I'm not a medical professional but I'm not a damn idiot."

"I already cleaned it with alcohol." He says bitterly.

I turn my eyes to the broken bottle of vodka, then turn my eyes back to him so he can see me roll them.

"You want my help, then zip it."

He glares at me but says nothing else as I begin to slowly pour the liquid on his wound.

"Shit!" He shouts out in obvious pain, making me flinch.

I finish cleaning him and then eye his side, then the long metal tweezers, wondering how to go about getting the bullet out.

"You can't use those, you have to use your fingers."

"What the fuck? Excuse me?"

"You won't be able to feel the bullet with those things, you'll just be shoving them around blindly inside of me."

He's right.. but that doesn't make this any easier.

I'm gonna barf.

I swallow hard as I begin pouring the cleaning solution on my hands, cleaning them before I go digging around in Dolion's bloody side.

God why? Why me?

I inhale deeply, preparing myself mentally.

"Lay down flat." I instruct, and he does so without complaint, adjusting the towel on his lap as he does, keeping his lower half covered.

"Don't stop till you get it out, even if I tell you to stop." He says to me through gritted teeth.

Great.

I bring my trembling hand to his side, unsure of how deep the bullet truly is.

Oh God what if I accidentally kill him? I don't like him but I don't want to be the reason someone dies.

But if I sit here and do nothing he might die anyways.

I take another breath as I stick my index finger into Dolion's side, my gag reflex automatically kicking in. I'm gonna accidentally barf on him while trying to save him.

His body goes absolutely rigid as I begin trying to find the bullet lodged into his side, my finger tip briefly grazing something that feels like what I'm looking for.

"I found it but.. I can't get a hold of it, it's too slick."

I look up at his face to see it twisted in pain, his jaw clenched so tightly it looks painful.

"Now you use those things to grab it out." He spits out harshly, and I can tell he's trying hard not to cry out.

I grab the metal tweezers again, keeping the tip of my finger where the bullet is.

I know this is about to be hell.

"I'm sorry." My voice comes out shaky and weak.

I try my best to just get it over with, trying to retrieve the bullet as fast as I can while also being careful.

It takes a few tries but finally I have it, slowly I begin to remove the bullet from his side, and that's what does it for him.

His pain filled scream fills the bathroom as I remove the bullet, thankfully it all comes out in one piece.