Chapter Five

‧₊˚[ S͓̽Y͓̽L͓̽V͓̽I͓̽E͓̽ ]˚₊‧

THE first week at Hogwarts went by quickly, but Sylvia couldn't help but agree with Remus over the third years and how aware they were of many things of her past.

As she passed through the halls one evening, she could hear a group of boys from Slytherin speaking about her.

"I heard she and Professor Lupin had a thing for each other until the night Sirius Black killed Harry Potter's parents."

"Do you think they're together?"
"No. Not after what he pulled. I reckon she's still heart broken over it."

Sylvia turned on the thick heels of her black boots. As she looked at the boys, they turned their heads.

"Don't you boys have a class to be attending? I would recommend you heading there straight away, or I will take five points from Slytherin."

They muttered beneath their breath as they each hurried down the hall. Exhaling, she rubbed her neck as she continued on her way.

As she entered Professor Dumbledore's office several minutes later, she was unaware that her brother would be there, too. Of all people.

"Ah, Madam Sylvia."
"Professor Dumbledore, if now is not a good time, I can always come back later—"

"Nonsense. I was just leaving." Severus announced. He stared his sister down as he moved by her, disappearing out the door.

Dumbledore moved to stand behind his desk. "Is everything all right, Sylvia?"

"Yes, sir, I just wanted to speak with you. It's regarding my store."

He nodded. "Your shop in London is being taken care of as we speak, I assure you."

She rose a brow suspiciously. "It is?"

"Oh, yes. You see, I've asked some very trustworthy friends of mine to look over everything until you return to London. And they don't mind, considering the pay they will receive to have everything the way that it was as when you left."

She blinked several times as she allowed his words to digest. "Well. . . All right, then."

As she turned, Dumbledore's brows furrowed. "Sylvia?"

"Yes, Professor?"

"Snape is relieved you are here, even if he does not show it."

Her stomach bubbled as her nerves rose. "I'm not entirely sure of that, Professor."

There was nothing that could change her mind about that.

Sylvia was walking down the hallway to head to the great hall for dinner that evening when Remus appeared. He was dressed in his robes, his hair parted and combed. The man noticed Sylvia and fell back to walk along side of her.

"Have you spoken to Severus?" He asked.

"No, it's not like he has much to say to me, anyway." She responded. "Your third years are arseholes, by the way."