Chapter Four

‧₊˚[ S͓̽Y͓̽L͓̽V͓̽I͓̽E͓̽ ]˚₊‧

1978

Sylvia stormed through the halls at Hogwarts, her hands clenched in fists at her sides as she moved through the castle and towards the Gryffindor common room. As she reached the moving stairs and stopped before the painting, the man grimaced.

"Have you lost your way, you snake?"

She watched as the door opened, and a hand stuck out and grabbed hers before pulling her inside.

Entering the room, she watched as Remus turned to face her.

"What is it?" He asked. He could tell she was angry by the way her nostrils flared and her teeth gritted.

Sylvia stared at him for a moment, and all of her worries slowly deteriorated. Shaking her head, she released a long sigh.

"Nothing. . . It's nothing."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Well, your little nose is scrunched, and your teeth are gritting. Something happened. . ."

He grabbed her hands. "What's wrong?"

Sylvia walked towards him. "I'm all right. I am now, anyway."

She suddenly smiled, and Remus scoffed, a smile creeping upon his face.

"You Snapes, you scare me sometimes."

Sylvia inched away. "I'll go back to my room then—"

Remus gripped her arm, yanking her forward until her chest hit his own.

"No."

Grabbing her face, Remus closed his eyes and kissed her proudly. As she leaned into his body and kissed him back, Sylvia wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You make all of my worries disappear, that's all." She whispered.
He hummed. "I'm glad. But my worries remain here. I worry about you."

She shook her head, pressing her finger to his lips. "Don't."

Pushing her hand away, Remus pulled her face close and kissed her again. When she was with him, nothing else mattered. No one else mattered.

Sylvia sat at the table in the great hall the next morning, stirring her tea as she stared ahead, lost in her own thoughts and her past. It was strange to be sitting there after several years, reflecting on the past as she sat there, alone in the present.

She watched as Professor Dumbledore appeared. "Ah, good morning, Madam Sylvia. I assume you had a goodnights rest?"

"I did." She lied. She stayed up most of the night, sulking as she sat in a large tub of hot water and sudsy bubbles from the bubble bath Penny had dumped too much of into the water.

Remus appeared, his hair slightly disheveled as he released a breath. "Good morning, Professors."

"And you, Professor Lupin. Are you excited to teach today?"