Chapter Three

‧₊˚[ S͓̽Y͓̽L͓̽V͓̽I͓̽E͓̽ ]˚₊‧

IN a matter of seconds, anxiety crept over Sylvia as Severus yanked her outside of the great hall. Her stomach churned as she tried to tug free from his grasp, like a child preparing to be beaten as a disciplinary action.

Sylvia gritted her teeth as Severus finally released her wrist and turned to face her.

"What could you possibly want from me, after thirteen years, Severus?" She asked. "Did you think I would come here, pull you into an embrace and cry, telling you I've missed you?"

"Enough." He snapped. "You are certified for the position, admit you had nothing to lose for it."

"I have my own store, you arse!" She hissed. "I built myself a life! I was finally moving on, until you dragged me back into all of this! And for what, your own satisfaction? Did you bring me back thinking we could find Sirius Black and stop him ourselves?"

"You will never accept the past, will you?" He asked.

Sylvia could feel herself almost biting her tongue in half. "You are not the person to preach to me about one's past, you arrogant hypocrite."

Storming away, she hurried back towards the door they had slipped out before entering the hall again. As she walked back to the table, she weaved through the several professors as they chatted amongst themselves.

Accidentally bumping into one, she quickly steadied herself, but with the help of two gentle hands as they closed around her forearms.

"I'm dearly sorry—"

Sylvia wanted to puke. Her body froze and tensed and her heart stopped. She was ready to fall over.

The man released her arms and stared down at her with soft eyes, the same eyes she would have been lost in over a decade ago.

"Sylvia?"

Her name from his mouth caused her breath to hitch and a lump formed in her throat. She just wished it had closed off her airways and—

"Remus." She spoke the word so quietly, she was afraid he wouldn't hear. But he did.

Remus Lupin smiled, looking her over from head to toe.

Fuck.

"My, you haven't changed a bit, Sylvie."

She couldn't breathe. She wanted to scream. The overpowering anger and heartbreak from thirteen years ago was slowly creeping back in, threatening to consume her in one quick blink.

"You have." She said suddenly. Remus smiled, lowering his eyes shyly.

McGonagall wedged herself between the group. "It is time."

Sylvia quickly sank down in her chair when she watched Remus sit down on her left from the corner of her eye. Swallowing, she folded her hands in her lap, keeping her attention forward as the students began entering the great hall. She hadn't even seen her brother enter, sitting directly to her right.