Chapter Two

‧₊˚[ S͓̽Y͓̽L͓̽V͓̽I͓̽E͓̽ ]˚₊‧

SYLVIA found herself tapping her foot anxiously against the ground as she stood outside of the several shops of Hogsmeade on her first day back at Hogwarts. With Penny on her shoulder, she stood as still as a statue as she stared up at the sign to the bookstore.

Penny smacked her small hands against her cheek.

"I walk in there and sign that contract, then it's over. There is no turning back, Penny. They will hold my name for the year, to be responsible for the book deliveries every month."

Penny nodded.

Taking a deep breath in, she tightened her grip on her bag and entered the shop.

Nothing had changed. The walls remained a dull white color, with chips from the paint from since she was a student, needing her books at the beginning of the year.

Penny squeaked happily as she moved farther into the store. As a keeper moved from one of the isles, he focused his eyes on Sylvia.

"Sylvie? Sylvia Snape, is that you?"

She smiled, feeling some relief at the sight of a kind and familiar face. "Hello, Art."

The man smiled as he reached for the witch, pulling her into a tight embrace. "Don't look a tad different from the last time you were in here. Your brother, on the other hand, I s'pose that nose has gotten just a tad more crooked."

Her heart sank at his words. She wouldn't know, which caused her to grieve. She didn't know what her brother looked like after thirteen years.

"A little owl told me you're the newest Librarian at Hogwarts. I've got the contract right over here."

He walked towards the counter and grabbed a rolled piece of parchment. Sylvia moved forward, watching him unravel the parchment before laying it down flat.

"The monthly delivery is the second Wednesday of every month. You'll need to be present when they're dropped off."

"Understood." She said. Art grabbed a quill and ink before handing it to the woman. Dipping it gently, she wrote her signature at the bottom of the contract.

Art smiled. "It's good to see you, Sylvie."

Smiling, she said her goodbyes and exited the store. Penny fiddled with one of her dark curls as she walked.

"I'm afraid of who all will be working at Hogwarts, Penny. Deathly afraid."

The Niffler hugged her cheek.

˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖

She stood on the large set of stairs that would lead her into Hogwarts with her suit case and a caged Eros at her side.

With her unoccupied hand tucked away in the pocket of her robes, her nostrils flared as she stepped forward, making her way up the staircase.

Professor McGonagall appeared, smiling down at Sylvia. Sylvia forced a smile, trying to ease beneath the professor's eyes.

Maybe it won't be as bad as she is making it out to be. Maybe it's all in her deranged head.