forty

✧˖*°࿐ LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND SATURN
taylor swift

"And you'll call?" Jack asked, his hands holding her lower back as their chests pressed together. "All the time?"

"Yes, Jack." Aven nodded, the sound of airplanes taking off behind them as they stood in front of the airport.

Jack grabbed her chin, rubbing his thumb along her bottom lip. "I really don't wanna leave."

"I'll see you soon." Aven scrunched her nose at him.

"Soon." Jack scoffed. "Not soon enough."

Aven smiled, her hands moving up and down his clothed arms. "Count down the days. It'll make you feel better."

"Whatever you say." Jack hummed with an eye roll. "Take care of Lukey, okay? He's sensitive."

"I will. Don't worry." Aven stood on her tip toes, pecking the corner of his mouth. "Keep things locked down in Jersey. Especially with my dad."

Jack nodded. "I wish you were coming with me."

"Me too, Jack." Aven frowned, the wind blowing the loose strands of her hair around. "Okay, you're gonna miss your flight."

"Fine." Jack groaned. He cupped her cheeks, kissing her lips softly, the warmth of his hands made her hum into his lips.

She pulled back, fluttering her eyes as she sniffled from the cold air. "Safe flight. Text me when you land, yeah?"

"Yes ma'am." Jack winked, pressing one last kiss on her lips as Jack headed into the airport, turning around to wave as he headed through the doors.

Aven chuckled, waiting until his backside was out of sight to climb into the car. She huffed, shivering from the change of temperature.

"That was the grossest thing ever." Luke gagged, beginning to drive away, hissing as Aven hit him on the back of the head. "Hello! I'm driving."

"Don't be a dick." Aven mocked him. "You should be happy for your brother."

Luke nodded. "I am. He's not a fucking wreck anymore. God, he won't shut up about you. I started to hate you."

"You could never." Aven scoffed. "You even said, you liked me better than her."

"Don't use my words again me, Aven." Luke flipped her off. "He's happy with you. Jacks never like that with girls. He's not the settling down type."

Aven glanced at him with furrowed brows. "Really?"

"Yeah." Luke nodded. "He had this one girlfriend but they broke up a few weeks before his draft. When he would date girls, it would be for short periods. I don't know what's so special about you."

Aven parted her lips. "Are you saying I'm ugly or something?"

"No, no." Luke immediately shook his head. "I just meant, like, we all thought he would focus on hockey. When you guys broke up, he didn't even care for it anymore."

"He broke up with me." Aven defended.

Luke furrowed his brows. "What? I thought you broke up him."

"No." Aven chuckled. "He broke up with me. But it was bound to happen, I guess. Look, thats all in the past now."

"Can I you a question?" Luke asked, fiddling with the steering wheel nervously.

Aven nodded. "Yes."

"Do you actually want him back?" Luke glanced at her for a moment. "He was so distraught, like, I actually felt bad."

"I love him." Aven shifted. "I just...I don't want to get hurt again or hurt him."

Luke nodded. "This love bullshit is not for me. I'm sitting pretty."

"Yeah? Well, it seems like you're pretty into Bella sometimes." Aven teased, earning a scoff. "Am I wrong?"

"She's hot." Luke shrugged. "Do I wanna date? No. I've been living in the shadows of my brothers for years. I want to show people that I have talent."

Aven nodded. "You should. You'll be fine, Luke."

"You think?" Luke swallowed with hesitation. "I'll never be Jack or Quinn good."

"That's bullshit." Aven twisted her face up. "Luke, I've seen you play and you're fucking crazy. You're insanely good. You don't wanna be Jack or Quinn good, you wanna be Luke good."

Luke smiled as they pulled over into the parking garage. "You know, Aven...I see why my brother is so head over heels for you."

Aven held a hand over her heart. "See! Look at this beautiful friendship that just got even better."

"Yeah, yeah, Mrs. Aven Hughes." Luke clicked his tongue.

"Hey, that's got a nice ring to it." Aven slapped his arm. "Don't you think?"

Luke threw his head back sarcastically. "God, yes! I'm so happy to be spending time with my future in law!"

"Okay, fuck face." Aven laughed, the two exiting the car as they began to walk back to their co-ed dorms.

should i write a luke hughes story 🧐🧐