twelve

✧˖*°࿐ ITS A SCENE, AND WE'RE OUT HERE IN PLAIN SIGHT
taylor swift

Aven ran her tongue over her bottom lip, watching the boys pass pucks to one another.

"Do you mind running this to the front desk." Chris tapped her shoulder, her shooting him a smile as she took the folder from his hands.

She walked through the Prudential Center, reaching the front desk as she shot that lady a grin. "From Chris Taylor."

"Thank you." The lady nodded, taking it from her.

Aven continued down the halls to the practice ice, screeching as an arm grabbed her, pulling her into the locker room. 

"Sh." Jack shushed, taking her to the corner of the room.

"Jack." She breathed, her back hitting the wall, the dim lights shining off the side of his face. "You scared me."

Jack smiled devilishly, grabbing her chin as he kissed her. She kissed him back, grabbing the end of his jersey as his hand made its way down to her ass.

He groaned into her lips, kissing her harshly.

She pulled away, panting. "No, Jack. This is way too risky."

Jack rolled his eyes, his shoulders slumping. "Yeah." He kissed her once more before backing off, leading her out of the locker room.

Aven attempted to hid the redness of her cheeks as she walked in front of him.

"There you are." Nico nodded towards Jack . "Oh, hello."

"Hi, Nico." Aven chuckled, patting his back gently as she entered the bench, crossing her legs.

The coaches watched their team's tactics, judging silently. Soon, practice was over, the whistle being blown had everyone leading to the locker room, the sound of velcro echoing.

"Good practice, gentlemen." Ruff nodded, clearing his throat. "Tomorrow is a big game, biggest game of the season possibly. The Rangers. I want everyone here at three."

Everyone nodded, obeying the coach as they changed, grabbing their things.

"Hey, Aven." Jack called. Aven shot him a weary glance, feeling her father's stare from behind her. "I just have a question about plays."

Timo hid his smirk as he cocked his brows at the two. "See you later."

"Yea, Jack?" Aven tilted her head.

Jack glanced down, lowering his voice. "The team is coming over tonight for a pregame. You should come. My friend is coming in too."

Aven nodded. "Sounds like a perfect play to me." She spoke louder. "Count me in." She squeezed his hand before smiling at her father, following him out.

A few hours later, she was on the road. She felt her nerves fluttering in her stomach as she drove to Jacks shared house.

"Okay, and what if they hate me?" Aven groaned, her hair tucked behind her ears.

"How could anyone hate you?" Bella's voice echoed over the phone call. "You'll be fine. Plus, this is good. You guys must be serious if he's inviting you to meet the hometown friends."

Aven bit her bottom lip, staring at the red light. "Yeah, I guess. How's college?"

"I've never loved it more." Bella beamed. "I wish you would've came here, Av."

"You're a social butterfly." Aven chuckled, hitting the gas. "I'm sure UMich is owned by you now."

Bella scoffed. "Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna make it to one of the games soon. Only if you can set me up with a hockey player though."

"I'll try my best." Aven raised her brows, shaking her head with a smile as she pulled onto the familiar street. "Okay, I made it. Thanks for calming me."

"Always, Av. Just breathe!" Bella made kissing sounds with her mouth before hanging up, leaving Aven to exhale deeply.

Aven slid her phone into the back pocket of her jeans, holding her keys as she smoothed the lipgloss over her pink lips.

The street was packed with cars, only making Aven more on edge. She walked up to the door, knocking on it. The sound of footsteps echoed from the other side.

"Pizza!" A boy shouted, throwing open the door. His brows furrowed as his eyes dragged up Avens figure. "Definitely not pizza."

"Trevor, man." Jack groaned, elbowing the brunette. "Sorry, Av."

Trevor's lips parted. "Oh, Aven! That's the Aven?"

Aven felt her cheeks grow hot as she stepped inside, Jack squeezing her waist as he kissed her cheek softly.

"Trevor." He stuck his hand out, Aven taking it. "We've heard, oh, so much about you!"

Jack shook his head, directing Aven away from him and towards the kitchen where the rest of the Devils sat, chatting among themselves.

Timo smiled at her. "Aven!"

"Ay!" They all greeted in sync, causing her to laugh softly as she waved. Their eyes shifted down to Jacks hold on her back pocket, their eyebrows raising as they shared glances.

"I think we all saw this coming." Dawson pursued his lips with a tilted head. "Jacks a little rule breaker, huh?"

Jacks glanced at the floor, hearing the sound of his teammates hype him up. "Shut up, guys. Look, this stays in the circle."

"Yessir." Nico brought it hand to his forehead, saluting the younger boy with a laugh.

"Pizza!" Trevor gawked, holding the four boxes as he placed them on the table. Everyone began to dig in as they all sat around.

Jacks hand stayed rested on her knee, her hand covering his as they spoke, sharing laughter and stories.

"My family is coming tomorrow." Jack leaned in to Aven.

Aven raised her brows, wiping her mouth. "Really?"

"Yes." Jack hummed. "I want you to meet them. Oh, don't mind my brother,Luke. He thinks you're hot."

"Does he?" Aven turned her head, locking eyes with him. "Must run in the family then."

Jacks lips parted, staring at the side of her face as she turned her head. He shook his head, his lips in a flat line. "I guess it does."

trevor is bff material.

INVISIBLE STRING, jack hughes ⋆ ★जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें