chapter 7

Duncan

She walked in with her siblings fast behind her. I must say I didn't expect her to look anything like this.

She had unique hair that was jet black from the roots to her shoulder and blonde going down. And hazel eyes that were fixed on my furniture. I half expected her to be ugly but no she had to look like a woman straight out of my fantasies.

Her fat ass bounced with every step she took and the thin material she wore made it worse didn't she know how cold it is out here this time of the year.

She had attitude which I despised she shouldn't be this arrogant considering her situation.
"I shouldn't have to when you guys have the means to" she said looking directly at me.

I wasn't a fan of secrets but I might have held a lot of information back from my brothers. I nodded when my brothers asked for confirmation when she said the children were their bastard siblings.

Children of the monster their father was. Anger rose inside of me when I thought of that man.
"What a coincidence right" the petite little thing concluded raising her voice at me. Added to my over risen anger.

"Don't shout at me in my own house" I found myself saying loosing control of my anger I held her hair in tight grip looking straight in her eyes. Our noses were inches apart and I hated the way she made me feel.

Perhaps it was just sexual tension or attraction. But being with a woman was never my concern working was my number one priority.

Pain, anger, and rebellion reflected in her eyes. It bothered me for a second and made me think back to my mother.

"Brother what has gotten into you" Quinton said in disbelief. Our mother was abused by Kevin and Quinton's father and we made a promise to never inflict physical harm on a woman in our lives.

Sighing I walked away. As the girl cried out historically slamming on my couch.

One hour later

"What were you thinking" Kevin asked walking into my study.

"Why do you hate that girl so much" Quinton asked.

I said nothing as stared out the big class wall of my office. It was cold out, as cold as my heart right now. I wanted to destroy everything that took my happiness away.

"I told you it wasn't meant to hurt the.. girl" I said slowly taking a seat next to my brothers on the couch. Pouring myself whiskey I made myself comfortable on the couch.

"How many more is there" Quinton asked eyeing me suspiciously. He wasn't one to drink so he sipped on his coffee instead.

"Quinton" I start when Kevin's cuts me off with a chuckle.

"You are getting married in two weeks brother" Kevin adds taking all his tequila in one go.

"When were you going to tell us" Quinton asked looking hurt.

"I wasn't ready plus I've got this under control" I answered briefly pouring myself another class as Kevin took the whole bottle of tequila.

"Enough drinking" I told him grabbing the bottle from him. He snatched it back almost immediately knocking my class dowm by mistake.

"What makes you think I'll listen to you again..you that does everything alone..you that keeps secrets from your brothers..you would rather die than accept help from us" Kevin sai looking directly at me something my brothers and I avoided.

We never made eye contact with each other when we spoke about sensitive topics.

"I thought you loved us brother I thought you didn't hold our fathers past against us" Kevin added as I closed my eyes almost immediately. Biting my lip I stood up from the couch to get some distance between him and I.

"Answer him" Quinton demanded. Walking over to me. No not Quinton too.

"Does it bother you..the father gap between us huh" he asked standing directly in front of me.

"That's enough" I roared griping a hand full of hair in my hands and breathing heavily.

"You know I never considered that fact" I answered pouring another class of whiskey.

"That fact oh so now it's a fact that we are half brothers" Kevin cried. He was completely drunk by now after finishing a bottle of tequila raw.

"I never considered you as my half brothers you know that" I whispered to Quinton who stood eye to eye with me.

That seem to have hit the mark as Quinton walked out of the office slamming the door.

"You don't trust us.. you'll never love anybody" Kevin hiccuped taking slow steps out the door.

Some time during the night

Closing the door behind me I stood in the corner of the room watching her chest rise and fall peacefully one of the luxuries I could never afford (peace).