Chapter 1

"Keefe."

Keefe turned around in his chair, facing his mother who had entered his room.
"Yes, mother dearest?" Keefe managed a smile.
Keefe was getting frustrated, he was looking over his assignment and all the progress he's made... which had been very little.

Keefe then noticed a figure behind his mother.
"Oho~? A new recruit? When did this happen?" Keefe asked, resting his arm on the arm chair and resting his cheek on his hand.
"Did you want to let me know about this new recruit or...?"
Keefe raised an eyebrow at his mother.

Gisela glared at Keefe.
"Don't take that tone with me." Gisela scowled.
"But, our new recruit is going to be working alongside you."
Gisela glanced at the person who stood behind her and she waved her hand for them to come forward.
"Work alongside me? I don't think that's going to really work-" Keefe began as he stared at the person who stepped forward.
The person who stepped forward took the hood of their cape down and Keefe's eyes widened.

"Okay, what the fuck is Bangs Boy doing here?!" Keefe scowled, getting up from his seat and glaring at his mother.
Keefe held eye contact with his mother.
"I do not want to work with him, he's so-" Keefe stopped himself as he glanced at Tam.
"He's so..."
Why was Keefe struggling to speak his mind?

"Do you think I was thrilled to find out I'd be working with you?" Tam raised his eyebrows at Keefe.
Keefe looked at Tam.
"Well, anyone would be lucky to work with me so, I would imagine-" Keefe began.
"Stop it. Both of you." Gisela sighed out, rubbing the temples of her forehead.

"Keefe, sweetheart, Tam is working alongside you because you both are seen as allies to the Black Swan. Tam could help you with finding any information you can't find from Sophie. You have mentioned how most of her friends aren't too happy with her behaviour recently, so while you are working on gaining her trust, Tam will be collecting information from the rest of them. " Gisela explained, looking at Keefe.

"Do you understand? I want you two to put aside any petty, foolish-"
"Tam is very petty, I don't think I can work with him."
"What-?!"
"Enough!"

Tam and Keefe stayed silent as they looked at Gisela.
Gisela glared at the two boys.
"First task? Spend the weekend going out and getting along with one another." Gisela said, clasping her hands together.
"I can't have you two ruin our plans because you simply have no intention of even trying to work together. You two boys are more similar that you think."

"This weekend? But I was planning on-" Keefe began.
"I don't want to hear it, Keefe." Gisela huffed.
"You do as I say. Now, spend a few hours today to discuss what sort of information you both have so far about or from the Black Swan. I will be sending a member around to check on you every hour."
"Oh, wonderful, I'll have Tam murdered within 30 minutes." Keefe smiled at his mother.
"I'll have you dead within 15 minutes." Tam mumbled, crossing his arms.

Gisela took a deep breath.
"... Just... do as I say." Gisela shook her head, turning around and walking off.
"But-?" Keefe began.
His mother had left the room, slamming the door behind her.
Keefe huffed and he turned to Tam.
Tam was looking around the room, studying every little bit of it.

"Guess we're partners in crime." Keefe sighed.
"Eugh, don't say that." Tam scrunched up his face, looking at Keefe.
"I don't take orders from you, my partner in crime." Keefe smiled cockily at Tam, crossing his arms at Tam.
"Well-" Tam began.

Tam and Keefe both jumped as someone began to bang on the door.
"Behave!" The two boys heard Gisela shout from outside.
Tam and Keefe looked at each other.

"For the Neverseen?" Keefe placed his hand out.
"What? To get along?" Tam raised his eyebrows.
Keefe nodded. Tam sort of hesitated.
"...For the Neverseen." Tam sighed, taking Keefe's hand and shaking it.

Well, this was... just great!

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 693

A/N: my friend did this drawing of Tam a while ago (I started a sketch of Tam during school, didn't finish it and let them finish it while I did something else) and they wanted me to show it to everyone (because it's so goofy), so I think now is the perfect time to show it.

Please brace yourself for the silliness of how Tam looks.

Also there will be a Keefe sketch/drawing that I did next to it :)

Uhm, yeah :)

I would say that their drawing just really captures Tam and his whole personality!!