My Pal

(Back to reality)

I woke up from my thoughts when my phone buzzed and popped up with a missed call.

"oh! it's Laura"

(Img of Laura)

(About Laura)

She is the closest friend I have. More than that, she is like a sister to me. It is not just that she is older than me; it is how she treats me. We have been friends for such a long time, and since then, my life has been much happier and brighter. A friend is someone you can rely on and who will stick by you even if you reveal your imperfections. A friend is someone who will prioritize helping you when you need it and will also come to you when they do. Some of them made us their choice; they did not think of us first and would come to us if they did not get their way. I am glad she never considered me as her choice.

She meant more to me than words could express; she is like someone I can share my dreams, hopes, and emotions with. Even though she had different views, she nevertheless put up with my attitudes, ideas, and emotions because she only cares about my happiness. I can't imagine what life would be like without her. We had been through a lot of losses, which had knocked us down, but we helped each other stay still and reach higher. She is the person who reached for my hands when I got scared. She remembered the little things I had done, the times we shared, and the conversations we had. She went so far, but she stepped back to help me pick up the pieces when my world fell apart. She is the most beautiful gift I have had in my life.

My parents always say that she is their first child because her mother and my mom were best buddies. Since Laura was born, my mom has always been there for her. Her mom even told me that she used to call my mom "mummy" when she was a kid. That bond remains strong in our lives. She even helps me a lot and saves me from every bad situation I end up in, and sometimes she acts like my mom. "A typical mom."

2 years ago, she was the executive manager at "QWERTY & CO," one of the best IT companies here, but she quit that job to work for me because I ended up in a bad situation in my life.

She is now my COO at Unknown and sometimes CEO at XN.

I regret her decision to give up that job for me. But there were no other options for her to consider. If she had not done that for me, there might not have been any "XN" or "UNKNOWN."
Because my situation was worse at the time.
I had lost trust and no longer felt any emotions because of the past, like someone said, "The past kills". We must overcome it, no matter how difficult it is for us. The past is a fear; it feels like drowning in a lake. Even if we don't know how to swim, we need to try and learn from where we are drowning. If we do, we will win; if we don't, we will be stuck there forever in it. It played the same role for me as well, but I allowed myself to drown in it because I felt weak. Nevertheless, she did not let me down; she supported me through it all, helping me move past the traumas I still carried. Her friendship made it much easier for me to move on, and I am thankful for all of our lengthy conversations and for listening to me when I was in tears.

The most painful thing in my life happened right in front of my eyes two years ago, and it completely tore me apart.
I am not sure what I would have done if she had not been with me at that time.

Hearing something will not make us feel any worse than seeing it with our own eyes. But, if you ask me, seeing it with your own eyes is preferable to hearing it from someone else, because we will not easily accept what we hear when it comes to being that person we trust with closed eyes.
But if you happen to see it by yourself, you don't need any clarifications, and you won't get cheated twice by them with the f*cking coverups.

Just like,
I am halfway dead...

We are often let down by the most trusted people and loved by the most unexpected ones. Some people make us cry over things that we haven't done, while others ignore our faults to just see our smile. Some leave us when we need them the most, while others remain even when we ask them to leave. That is how she was. These people are all around us; all we need to know is which hand to hold and which to avoid. After all, those earlier times taught me who to cling to and how to let go of. First, it must be difficult, but trust me, it is for your own benefit.