CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SKIPPING THE BALL TO SAVE THE DISGUISED PRINCESS.

Start from the beginning

She was feeling dizzy, so figuring out what an egoistical male says when he does not want to seem vulnerable was hard to figure out.

Fredward was tempted to ask her how long she was going to do whatever she was doing for?

"I'm taking you to the hospital."

Skyler's eyes widen at the thought of going to the hospital. They only need to take one look at her to figure out what was wrong with her. It'll be a disaster if the way her boss finds out that's she's a girl is because the doctor says.

"It's normal for some women to have severe cramps during their menstrual cycle."

Skyler groaned inwardly at the mental image that came to mind. It'll be a disaster and she knew it.

"No!" Her voice grew higher than necessary. " I mean—" she cleared her throat to adjust her octave. "—That won't be necessary. I'll be fine."

"Really? " Fredward raised a brow. "You look as pale as a vampire and your eyes is barely concentrating, it's like you'll soon pass out." The worry in Fredward's voice that he's been trying to surpress now seemed more and more evident.

"I'm pale because I am in pain and feeling dizzy because of said pain." Skyler said in her mind which was more preoccupied by the fact that the man in front of her right now was genuinely worried about her and her heart was giving a weird reaction in response, and it wasn't because of the cramps.

"U-Uh i-it's fine. I'm fine. Really —" a thought floated out of nowhere to her mind and her eyes widen. "—you shouldn't be here!" She looked at him in horror.

"What?"

"The event. The party. Your speech." Panic began to settle in her stomach.

"It'll soon be time to give your speech." Skyler immediately got to her feet and looked down at her wrist watch, Fredward also stood up from his squatting position and stood tall before her.

"You shouldn't be here. You've gotta go."  She took his arm and tried to pull him along with her towards the door.

"What do you think you're doing?"

She turned to him and gave him an obvious look. "You can't just ditch the party of the year just because I'm a little under the weather."

" It's just a stupid party It's just a formality anyway and an excuse for them to do their unnecessary ritual of networking and unhealthy comparison of what they've achieved so far." He rolled his eyes while he maneuvered their hands, so he's the one holding her by her arm instead before it shifted to her wrist.

"I'm taking you to see a doctor and that's final." He deadpanned and pulled her along with him as he opened the door to her office and let her out and towards the elevator.

"But, your speech—"

"I don't care about the speech!" His voice thundered in his chest and didn't fail to shake Skyler to her core. His eyes softened as his met hers. "Do you see yourself right now? You look sick and pale and your hand is burning hot—" his hand around her wrist tightened. "—and you've done nothing but run around all day, not saying anything." Although his eyes had softened, his voice was still hard and reprimanding, making Skyler feel like a child who just did something wrong.

"I just wanted the party to turn out well." Skyler mumbled beneath her breathe but not low enough to escape his ears.

And at that moment, with her gaze lowered, her lips pouted and her arm stretching forward as he held on to her wrist, Fredward heart began to beat faster, for that moment. It was like for the first time he realized it was Skyler. Skyler White.