XIX

BGK

After getting off the floor I decided to run back to the store and pick up some prenatal vitamins and other things for Doe before heading back home

After getting off the floor I decided to run back to the store and pick up some prenatal vitamins and other things for Doe before heading back home. She was still asleep when I got back so I went and sat in the living room and watched tv.

After about two hours I decided to get up and go check on her because it wasn't normal for her to sleep this long in the afternoon, she basically has an internal alarm clock.

As I trekked up the stairs I heard her crying which made me move faster. I rushed into the room, seeing her curled up under the covers while crying.

"What's wrong Mama?" I asked as I walked over to where she was and peeled the covers back slightly. I slid in the bed behind her causing her to immediately flip over and cling onto me.

"I'm so scared. I don't want you to hate me." She cried making me frown in confusion.

"Why would I hate you baby?" I asked wrapping my arms around her.

"Because what if." She started but I immediately cut her off.

"Don't speak it into existence. You know the power behind words so speak positively. Our baby will be fine, delivered full term, happy and healthy. As long as God gives them at least five fingers and five toes we can figure everything else out when the time comes." I said as I started wiping her tears.

"But I'm older Bey, I'm about to be fifty. There's so many risks." She tried explaining.

"Then we'll take extra precautions. Keep things easy and stress free so you can have a pregnancy you can love and enjoy." I interrupted again as she began to calm down.

"I don't want anyone to know." She said making me nod.

"We tell them when you're ready. If you don't want anyone to know until you give birth we can do that. Your wish is my command Mama." I said as she laid on my chest.

"I guess I should make a doctor's appointment huh?" She mumbled lowly.

"We can worry about that later. Are you hungry? I got you food earlier if you are." I asked making her shake her head.

"I just wanna lay here with you for a while." She said snuggling into me. I kissed the top of her head and held her close to me, one hand on the back and the other on her stomach.

I was overjoyed, having my first baby with somebody I envisioned my future with. It was a dream come true for me, one that had been snatched away before.