Aurora stayed in her room the rest of the day, mentally preparing for the party at the high school. She didn't feel up to going, but she figured that if Elena is going through the same thing she is and is still going then she should too. Otherwise, Caroline might kill her. 

Aurora chuckled lightly at the thought of her bubbly blonde friend before continuing searching through her closet. She eventually put together a cute 50's themed outfit for the party. 

Aurora infused a rebellious twist into her '50s-themed attire, opting for high-waisted capri pants paired with a long sleeve button-down shirt. She threw on a sleek leather biker jacket, adding an edgy flair to her look. A string of pearls and a scarf tied around her neck provided a touch of elegance amid the rebellious vibes. Completing the ensemble with ankle boots, Aurora's strawberry blonde locks were styled in loose curls. A pop of red lipstick and winged eyeliner enhanced her classic allure, effortlessly blending the best of both worlds. 

Satisfied with her outfit she headed to Elena's room to see if she was ready only to find her struggling to blow dry her hair.
"You need some help there?" Aurora chuckled gaining Elena's attention. 
"Yes, please." Elena pleaded making Aurora smile and head over to help her cousin out. The girl managed to finish putting Elena's hair into a completed 50's style. 

Aurora then went to Elena's closet to pull out a pink scarf and presented it to Elena who accepted it thanking her before heading to the bathroom to check herself in the mirror. While Elena was gone, Aurora heard a strange whirring noise making her furrow her eyebrows, she then glanced at Elena's bed to see a compass on it, noticing it she picks it up. 
"Hey Lena? What's this compass on your bed for?" Aurora called out curiously making Elena walk out of the bathroom, putting her final earring into her ear. 
"Oh Stefan gave it to me, it's to track vampires..." Elena trailed off before realization sunk over her seeing it spin over and over again. This caused the two girls to exchange nervous looks before Elena pulled out her phone and dialed Stefan's number. There was a short conversation over the phone as the girls headed down to the living room to look around. She then hung up the phone and before Elena could explain a man jumped down from the ceiling and at the noise the two girls spun around and right as the vampire grabs Elena and extends his fangs, Elena screams causing Aurora to do the only thing she could think of at the moment and kick him in the back of his knee making him loose balance and fall to the ground. But he quickly got up and went after Aurora as Elena loses her balance and falls to the floor. As the vampire gained on Aurora trapping her near the wall she glanced around in attempts to find something to defend herself with only to find a nearby glass she grabbed it and smashed it over the vampire's head and as he was stunned Stefan appeared and  threw him over the couch. The vampire then grunts and gets up before vamp-speeding out of the house. 

Stefan rushes over to Elena almost immediately checking up on her. Elena pushes herself off the floor and Stefan embraces the girl who was still clearly frightened. 
"Are you okay? Are you okay?" Stefan repeated confused as Elena glanced at Aurora and then back at the front door. 

In minutes Stefan, Elena and Aurora were joined at the house by Damon who paced around the room while Stefan and Elena sat on the couch next to each other while Aurora stood nearby. 
"How did he get in?" Damon questioned 
"He was invited in," Elena admitted
"He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night." Stefan informed his brother 
"Well, he gets points for that. Did he say what he wanted?" Damon asked curiously 
"No. He was too busy trying to kill me." Elena reminded the boy.
"And you have no idea who this is?" Stefan inquired 

"No," Damon replied however Stefan looked unconvinced making Damon add on, "Don't look at me like that. I told you we had company." 
"You think there's more than one?" Aurora spoke up inquisitively.
"We don't know." Damon answered honestly looking over at Aurora. 
"Damon, he was invited in." Stefan reminded his brother making Damon nod understandingly. 
"Then we go get him tonight," Damon paused before glancing at the girls "You up for it?" 

"What do we have to do?" Elena asked hesitantly 
"Let your boyfriend take you to the dance. We'll see who shows up." Damon explains shortly. 
"That's a bad idea," Stefan replies uncertainly. 
"Till we get him, this house isn't safe. For anyone who lives in it. It's worth a shot." Damon shrugs. 
"I'll do it." Aurora agrees making Damon glance at her. 
"Elena?" Aurora grabbed her cousin's attention. 
"I'm in," Elena nods but Stefan looks anxious causing Elena to grab his hand, looking at him. 
"I'll be with the two of you. I'll be safe." Elena reassured Stefan who nods in agreement before looking up at Damon who just shrugs his shoulders in response.