It's Ok. ( Hunger Games AU ) Pt.1

A/N: This is an idea i've had floating around for a while. I really hope you guys like this! But before we start, a few trigger warnings.

TW!!: Blood, violence, and descriptions of mild gore. ( Welcome to the Hunger Games)

Anyways enjoy! Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

***************************************************************************************

The forest.

So beautiful and tangent, like the earth's cradle.

But this forest was also deadly.

In fact, it was a place of battle. A battle where only one victor comes out alive.

Because, this wasn't an ordinary forest.

It was an arena.

This was The Hunger Games.

An annual event where one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 are chosen from each of the 12 districts to participate in a fight to the death in an arena, of which the last person standing will receive untold riches.

This was the 3rd day inside the arena, out of 24 tributes, 19 were still alive. Every tribute was fighting for their survival. One girl in particular, from District 12, was fighting the hardest.

Rapunzel, a girl from the coal mining district. She had come from her district with a boy a year or two younger than her, but he was dead within a few seconds of the game starting. A career from District 2 had broken his neck over a basket of bread. It was horrible, but Rapunzel knew that he never stood a chance. Even in the village, the boy had always been more of a quiet, shy type. He had never shown any strength or resilience of any kind.

Thus, his quick end.

But to Rapunzel, his death was a mercy. He got to be free, and not live through the horrors of the games, and the Capitol itself.

The girl stoked a fire, staring into the flames. These thoughts of death were so imminent, so true all the time, that she could practically feel the cold reach of death itself breathing on her neck. Because death was what happened here. She had no guarantee that she would survive, nothing but sheer will.

Her parents back at her district had been dirt poor, her mother was sick, and her father was working extra hours in the mines just to gain wages to feed the poor woman.

If Rapunzel were to win the games, that would mean she would have to steal countless lives of innocent people just like her. Rapunzel had always been a kind girl, she tried to see the good in everyone, even the people of the Capitol that tortured every district with famine, disease, and death. So the idea of even hurting any of the people in the arena, who were struggling just as much as she was, was too much to even think about.

Rapunzel's plan to survive was to hide as much as possible, she didn't know what were to happen if someone found her and attacked.

She didn't let the images of the first day, after the start signal of the games blared, cross her mind at all. She wished the images were blurry and buried in the back of her mind. But they were so clear, they radiated like crystal, right in the front of her mind. She constantly tried to push them into the darkness of her brain, but they wouldn't budge.

The silence in the forest was deafening, and suddenly the images were all she could think about.

After the siren blared at the start of the games, Rapunzel's ears rung as she tried to reach a backpack nearest to her. But a spear whizzed past her head, thrown by dark haired girl a few years younger than her, she had remembered her name. They had talked during training before the games had started. Her name was Bex. But all of a sudden, any kind of friendship was turned to dust when she threw the spear at Rapunzel. It was like they never had any sort of connection at all. The look in Bex's eyes said it all. If Rapunzel had stayed where she was a second longer, Bex would have killed her in an instant. Without hesitation.