Chapter 21

word count: 812 words

Tuesday 13th January 2007 11: 11am

Julietta's POV

I stan behind the café counter staring out the window as Aunt Luella makes someone a coffee. I can't stop thinking about Alex. I mean yeah he was drunk so he probably didn't mean to kiss me but what if he did mean to. It's not like I can go and ask him about it because Jamie has practically banned me from looking in Alex's direction.

Before I left for my shift today, Jamie said "If you see Alex, don't speak to him. Got it?".  I love my brother but I was the one kissed by Alex, not him. Why am I banned from talking to Alex? It's been a week, I just look rude even though I'm not trying to be, my brother just banned me from talking to Alex.

I'm too lost in thought to even realise that Aunt Luella is shouting at me.

"Julietta are you even listening to me?" she yells.

"Hmm?"

"Oh my god, you need to pay more attention Jules"

"Sorry I've got a lot going on."

"Like what?" Aunt Luella asks as if I couldn't possibly have problems. "Like Alex kissing you a few days ago?" How the fuck does she know that? I'll tell you how: Jamie. Once he knows a tiny piece of information, he tells everyone.

"Jamie told you then?" I sigh as I rub my tired eyes.

"Oh yeah. So you and Alex. Alex and you."

"We aren't together," I laugh from embarrassment, "It was just a kiss"

"You should get together, you'd make a cute couple. You've got loads in common, probably." I can't help but let out a laugh. I mean, I'm glad someone feels that way, even though its not Alex or me. I suppose being his girlfriend isn't the worst thing in the world but does he even want that? It was just a drunk kiss, probably nothing more.

"I dunno. He's sweet yeah and we've got stuff in common but he was just drunk, Auntie Luella, he probably meant nothing by it."

"Julietta, if he meant nothing by it, he wouldn't have kissed you at all." As much as I hate to admit it, she's got a point. Why does this have to be so confusing?

After several hours of waiting tables, making coffees and cleaning up after making coffees, it's 3pm. I can finally go home. Thank god. My feet are aching so badly, I just wish to sit down.

I grab my bag, say bye to Aunt Luella, who has to work for another two hours, and leave the café whilst trying to find a song to listen to. I eventually settle on Half the World Away by Oasis. That song is so good.

My dad often asks me which one its better: Blur of Oasis. Dad thinks blur and mum thinks oasis yet I think both. They both have their differences but they're still good. Personally I find the band's arguments pretty funny, as childish as they are.

Just as I cross the road to my side of the street, I get a text. It's from matt. He hardly ever texts me so it's kinds weird.

I open the notification. The message reads

Matt
check your letterbox when you
get home

You
wtf why

Matt
just do it

I don't know what he's on about but I decide to do it anyway. Once I get home, there's a letter on my bedside table. My name is written on the front in a beautiful calligraphic handwriting. I tear open the envelope and begin reading the hand written letter which is enclosed.

It says:

My mouth hasn't shut up about you since you kissed it. The idea that you may kiss it again is stuck in my brain, which hasn't stopped thinking about you since well, before any kiss. And now the prospect of those kisses seems to wind me like when you slip on the stairs and one of the steps hits you in the middle of the back. The notion of them continuing for what is traditionally terrifying forever excites me to an unfamiliar degree.
For if you never wish to speak to me again, then I shall respect your wishes. As long as you know that I am in love with you, sweet Julietta.

All my love now and most likely forever,

Alex x

I stare in amazement. How can a boy who can barely put together sentences, write a letter as beautiful as the one I hold in my hands. 

God I love him. Fuck what Jamie says, I need to talk to Alex. But I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I guess I'm just  going to knock on his front door and tell him how much I love him. 

HIIII, SORRY THIS ONE IS KINDA SHORT, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE. SORRY IF ITS SHITE OR CRINGE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT AND SORRY IF THERE'S ANY MISTAKES. I'LL WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER SOON. HAVE A GOOD DAY/ NIGHT ML X