ɪɪ. ᴄᴇᴄᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴏʟs

"MY JOB HAS BEEN TO GUIDE YOU to this moment

"MY JOB HAS BEEN TO GUIDE YOU to this moment." Grover explained as they all sat in the car. "It's always an emotional rollercoaster for a young demigod, so providing a support system is really—"

"Who are you?" Cece asked and she and percy stared at him, "I'm grover. I'm your best friend and—" He looked at them, "What are you?" Percy interrupted.

Grover removes his hat revealing small horns, "I'm a satyr. And i'm your protector." He answered, "You're our protector?" Percy asked.

"If i hadn't gotten you two kicked out of school, you'd have never survived the night. And what's chasing us now would have found you there easily."

"I'm sorry." He apologized when they turned away from him, "Usually, i can sense danger coming from a mile away, but this time.. well, none of us saw dodds coming." Percy and Cece looked at him again.

"So you knew. That thing that dodds turned into, you saw it happen?" Cece questioned, "Why didn't you say anything?" Percy added. "I saw some of it. The mist kept her hidden even from us until it was too late."

"Mist? What's a mist?" Percy asked and cece nodded to her brother.

"The mist. It's the veil that hides the magical world from the human world. My legs. Dodds' wings. Even Dodds' absence, but it isn't supposed to hide things from me."

"That never happens. Something powerful is at work here. The sooner we get you to camp, the better off you're.." Percy and Cece eyes snapped towards him.

"You told them about camp, right?" He asked sally as she drove, "Not yet, no." She answered.

"Camp is a sanctuary for half-bloods. a safe space where you can learn who you are and what the world is like on the other side of the mist. Uh, it's not far, actually, just a little ways past the bend up there." He explained.

"Mom, what else haven't we talked about?" Cece asked her mom from her spot in the backseat, "What else haven't you told us?" She continued. They all turn once they saw a flash of blue light behind them.