Chapter 12

Wilford's POV

  I really liked Bill. Ever since we became close, Bill has really grown on me. I had been doing really well news wise and I had a feeling that I was gaining back my success. Not to mention I thought I was getting a lead on Bill's family. Everything seemed fine, at least until that one fateful day. Bill and I were off in the woods doing our usual scouting when Bill accidentally fell down a shaft like thing.

  "Bill? Are you alright?" I called after him.

  "I'm okay. But Wilford you have to come see this!" He responded. I went down the shaft and saw him looking at something in awe. I followed his gaze and saw a light illuminating from an old journal looking thing. Together we approached the thing. "What is it?" Bill asked me.

  "I'm not sure." I picked it up and opened it. "Book of incantations." I read. Exiting the shaft, Bill and I went back to my office to look at the book more.

  "Everything seems to be in English except for this one page." I looked at the foreign page.

  "Maybe we can decipher it." Bill said running a hand through his hair. So we did. We spent practically the whole night searching through translations. Turns out it wasn't any type of language, it was a cipher code. Upon further research I managed to decode it using the Atbash Cipher. It read: "Whoever's hands fall upon this spell shall inherit the Earth." Creepy. I told Bill to meet me in our favorite clearing so I could tell him.

  "Do you know what we could do with that much power?" I asked him.

  "We could rule everything? Powers beyond anything known to man?" He put in. He was right.

  "Do you want to help me do it?" I asked. Bill just looked at me.

  "Are you serious?" Was I? I mean it seemed pretty great. The thought of what one could do with all that power. Now that was newsworthy.

  "Only if you'll help me. You know this town better than anyone and you know how to get this spell working." I showed him the page.

  It had a map type diagram showing what was needed for the spell.

Bill's POV

  Was it wise to do this? I mean I wondered exactly what Wilford would do with all that power. It was unnatural for any mortal to possess such strength. He seemed to want it. I was the only thing stopping him, I was the key in this. What would happen if I refused? "I-I don't know man. I don't think this is right. What are you going to do with that power?" I asked. Wilford considered this.

  "I'm not sure. But please Bill. Aren't you the least bit curious?" I looked down. "I'll make a deal with you. If you help me get this spell to work, together we can use our new power. We can find your family! Bring them right to us." How could I refuse that? All my life I've wanted to find my family. It was a good deal. But I was naive. I looked up at Wilford.

  "Deal." I said, and we shook on it.

A/N: Aw Bill why!? Well I know some of you are wondering how Dipper and family are and we will be returning to the present in about another chapter or so. I could go all into Bill's origins but let's save that for a prequel or somethin'. . . (Walks away whistling)