Chapter 5

Dipper's POV

I was a bit uncomfortable with my sudden task but knew I had to do it. It would be over fast and that would be that. I really didn't care if it as the middle of the night, I was more afraid of what Bill would do to me if I didn't go on with his orders. I walked into the dark kitchen and found a nice sized knife. Hey, I can feel you judging me. I don't have a special weapons room okay.

Knife in hand, I went to the secluded bunker. The stairs creaked announcing my arrival. I could tell that my family was sleeping because they all seemed drowsy at first, then when they saw me, they all seemed to instantly become alert. "Who do we owe this lovely visit to tonight? Dipper, or Bill?" Stan asked.

"Oh It's Dipper, but Bill is watching us. You know how he loves a good show." I smiled.

"What do you want?" Mabel asked.

"You should know by now." I sighed impatiently.

"But you know that we don't have the journals." Wendy said from across the way.

"I know you're lying. As a matter of fact, I know a way to get you to fess them up. We all know how uncooperative you're being so I think it's time to be more persuasive."

"What are you going to do?" Soos asked.

"Simple answer my friend. I don't really need all of you so I better start offing you." I answered.

"WHAT!?" They all screamed in unison.

"You know, killing you." I explained. "Starting with her." I pointed my weapon of choice at Wendy.

"What!" She shrieked.

"Dipper you can't!" I heard Mabel yell.

"Sorry Mabel, but she is no use to me." I started forward towards Wendy's cage.

"Dipper don't do this, it's me! You know me. I'm you're friend!" Wendy tried to stop me.

"Don't do it kid!" Stan called. I swiveled around to face the protesters.

"What do you care anyway? It's not like you bothered to care about me!" I snapped. "None of you cared. When I was going out of my mind, hoping that you would believe me. Look what's happened to me! I'm a monster! I don't even know left from right anymore. What's wrong? What's right? I-I just don't know anymore!" I yelled at them.

Finally Mabel spoke up. "What about Bill? Was he there for you?" She asked.

"Bill cares about me, unlike you all!" I retorted.

"Does he really Dipper?" Mabel asked. "If he really cared about you would he have let you spiral down to this? Let you do this to the ones you love?" I tried not to listen to her but she was making sense... No! I can't think like them.

I gripped my head, "Hrgh stop messing with my mind!" I yelled.
"Y-you know what I'm just going to do what I came here to do, I'm finishing the job!" I whipped out the knife again, and came towards Wendy. I brought it down with force and I heard her scream...

Then I realized that I hadn't hurt her. The knife was poised halfway down. Wendy had covered her eyes, but she slowly opened them. I tried again, but the knife just wouldn't go. I suddenly remembered that this was Wendy we were talking about here.

Flashbacks of all the fun times we had together seemed to go through my head. I also had a crush on her... I tried to knock the image aside, again I brought down my knife but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I shakily let my arm fall to my side. "I-I can't do it."

Bill's POV

What was this? He stopped. I knew it, the kid was weak. This will do nothing but bring our plans down! I took control, and looked at them all. "Ugh, Pinetree failed me. Looks like I'll just have to do it myself!" I raised my arm and started to bring it down when I heard Fez say "Wait! I have Journal #1."