Chapter 11

Bill's POV

Since that day I would observe Wilford and see exactly how much luck he was having. All he would do is interview a bunch of townsfolk walking around. Well if he wanted a big story he was looking in the wrong places. I could show him what this town really had to offer. Apparently I wasn't a very good spy. One day I was watching Wilford, he had sat under a tree and was observing notes he had taken while muttering "Something newsworthy, something newsworthy."

Then he was quiet for some time. "You know, if you want to spy on someone you should really be more stealthy." He said looking in my direction. Dang it. I came out of hiding.

"Sorry. I was just seeing if you've found anything good yet." Wilford sighed.

"No not yet. I know there is something. I just have to find it."

I looked around. "You can definitely find something. You're just looking in the wrong places." I said.

Wilford looked at me. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"The Gravity woods is full of secrets. Come on, I'll show you." I led him to my favorite spot in the woods. "Just sit here and look in that direction." I said pointing. Wilford and I both sat quietly then a gnome came out. Soon a few others arrived. They were carrying a pie that they must have stolen.

"Wow!" I heard Wilford say in amazement. "I heard that pies have been going missing. Who knew it was these little guys?" He laughed.

I smiled as well. "That's not all this place has to offer." I said still grinning. So I showed the pink mustached man more wonders and he gladly snapped pictures. We had a great time. It was fun finally showing others my secret little world. After our field trip Wilford and I relaxed in a clearing.

"Thank you for showing me all these amazing leads. You're not bad kid." He said.

"Thanks!" I grinned.

"So do you live by yourself?" Wilford asked me. My smiled sort of faded.

"Well yeah. I just roam around and see what I can get into. I know lots of things about Gravity Falls. I just wish I knew where my family was." I answered. Wilford seemed to consider this.

"Sounds like you've got it rough. I can't imagine not knowing where your family could be." He sighed. I glanced at him.

"You have relatives?" I asked.

"One brother named Mark. That guy is probably more better off than me right now." He answered. We sat in silence the rest of the time. Ever since we talked Wilford seemed to take me under his wing. I would help him with news stories and he promised me to help me get a lead on my family. I considered him a really trusted friend, or brother. It's funny how you can trust anyone so easily. I just felt like Wilford understood me.

But did I really know the man named Wilford Warfstache?