Back at his apartment, Mamoru was resting in his bed, still in pain and agony. He had been laden in bed for several days since his trip to the hospital and still hadn't gotten any better.

As he lay there, he started coughing for the umpteenth time. When he did, he felt something come out of his mouth and into his hand. Much to his worry, as he looked, he saw his hand stained with blood, but instead of being red, it was in an ominous shade of black, which wasn't normal.

Then, he heard the doorbell ring. Not wanting anyone to see, he hastily hid his hand just in time for Usagi to walk in.

"Hey, Mamo," she greeted. "How are you feeling today?"

"U-Usa," Mamoru spoke. "I... wasn't expecting you."

Usagi then went to the kitchen and set some things on the table. "I was worried you might not be eating enough, so I asked my mom to help me make you a bento," she said. "I also brought you some drinks if you were feeling thirsty."

Mamoru felt grateful, but being who he was, he didn't want Usagi to worry about him, especially with his current state.

"Say, Usa. Could you please leave me alone for now?" he said quietly. "I was about to get some sleep. I could use some more rest."

"O-Oh, sure. No problem," Usagi replied. "Sorry if I came barging in so suddenly. Make sure you get some rest. See you."

She then politely left.

"I can't let her find out about this," Mamoru thought. "I can't keep being a burden on her."

He then remembered what the doctor said about finding a shadow in his lungs. Just as he did, he started coughing again.

"What's wrong with me?! What's happening to my body?!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, in Downtown Juuban, Harusuke had just left the gym after working out for a couple of hours and was taking a walk to cool down. As he strolled, he saw the streets were filled with many people and some clowns advertising the Dead Moon Circus. However, the trash cans were overflowing, making the place look dirty.

"Geez. I wish some people would be a bit more clean around here," Harusuke muttered. "Especially since there's a circus in town."

Then, he heard someone call him.

"Yo! Harusuke!"

Harusuke looked back and saw Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Minako, the four soon approaching him.

"Heya, girls," he greeted. "How goes it?"

"Well, we just got back from another show from the Dead Moon Circus," said Minako. "Everything seemed normal, but I couldn't help but feel a bit dizzy for some reason."

"I'm not sure what it is, but they're using some kind of strange waves," said Ami. "It's probably we've been feeling strange."

"What about the people?" asked Harusuke.

"They appear to be acting normally," said Rei. "But one can't be too sure or complacent. After all, they are pretending to be a normal circus."

"But just you wait, we'll get them!" Minako spoke with a determined scowl. "That Dead Moon Circus won't know what hit them once we get to the bottom of their plans!"

"Now that you mention it, they haven't taken any action for a while now," said Harusuke. "They haven't even made an attack since Rei defeated Tiger's Eye on their opening day."