Arnold x Female!Reader- It's Positive

(this story will be as appropriate as possible, btw)

You were the younger sister of Penny Morris. You were both firefighters at Pontypandy Fire Station, and your best friend was a guy. Yes, and it was purely platonic. Arnold McKinley was his name, and he was a firefighter as well. You guys were just friends, clearly friends! No one doubted that there wasn't any romantic tension or hidden feelings between you. 

"Guys and girls can be friends without romantic stuff involved," Arnold would say every time Sam and Elvis would tease him with being friends with a girl.

And yes, that is true in a lot of cases, but sometimes it can evolve into a romantic relationship, like this story.

"Arn," you mumbled one night as you slid into bed, "I'm soooo tired after putting all those fires out!"

"Yeah Y/N," he replied as he slid into his pajama pants, "6 fires set by that mischievous Norman Price!"

"Oh, that naughty boy," you grumbled as you got into your pajamas, "I hope his mother grounds him for eternity!"

"Well, you know that will never happen," he said, turning around. You gasped and blushed as you realized just how attractive he looked shirtless.

"Ohmygosh..." you said, "wow..."

"Y/N..." Arnold said in a half joking manner, "remember, we're just friends..."

You grinned flirtingly at him. And before you knew it Arnold was in his bed and you were snuggled up beside him. Arnold was CLEARLY both a combination of confused and annoyed.

"Y/N," he said, "c'mon..."

"No," you insisted, "no no no no no no no no."

Arnold sighed and gazed at you. "Well," he said, "you would steal a guy's heart in a second with your beauty..."

You sighed dreamily, "oh, Arnie..."

*fade to black*

(sorry that was C R I N G E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

2 weeks later....

"Ugh..." you lay on the couch, a blanket covered over to you.

"You okay, Y/N?" Penny asked, giving you your water bottle.

"No..." you said, "my head feels so terrible, as well as my stomach..."

Penny flinched, "uh, what if-"

"I'm not pregnant," you said, "I'm not."

"Well, just be sure," Penny said, "c'mon, let's go to the bathroom." She took your hand and lifted you up off of the couch, hurriedly leading you towards the bathroom.

"This-this can't be..." you stuttered as you looked at the test, "h-how?? I-it's positive..."

"The test says that you're pregnant," Penny said, slumping down on the toilet, "but I seriously-"

"Pregnancy tests aren't always accurate," you said, "we could go to Nurse Flood!!"

"Oh, alright," Penny said, getting up, "c'mon. Get dressed. We're going to the Flood's."

"Well," Nurse Flood said, "we could take a paternity test."

"Yes," you said, your face pale, "please."

"Okay," Nurse Flood told you in a calm tone, "this won't hurt."

"How??" you demanded, "this doesn't-"

"The test says that Arnold is the father," Nurse Flood told you, "and this test is one of the most reliable ones out there."

You took a deep breath, "wow. This can't-"

Then you remembered.

"Oh crumbs," you said, "oh no no no no no no no I messed up."

"Arnold?" You nervously approached your best friend, "I-I have to tell you something."

"Uh, sure," Arnold said. When he saw your face, he winced. "Oh no."

"Oh no what?" you said, trying to remain calm.

"That's your 'I messed up' face," he replied, "what happened?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh," Arnold looked a little calmer, "well, that's great. Who's the lucky guy?"

"You."

Arnold gasped. His face turned pale, and his eyes widened in pure and utter shock. "M-me??" he stuttered out, "Y-Y/N, I-I'm so sorry, I-" He blushed like crazy, "I-I'm such a stupid fool..."

"No!!" you yelped, "I-I have to tell you something!"

Arnold stopped, "what?"

"I-I love you," you said, lowering your head in shame, "I-I didn't realize it until j-just now, but-"

Before you could reply, Arnold pulled you into a kiss. You blushed but closed your eyes, melting into the kiss.

When your lips finally parted, Arnold whispered, "Y/N, I've felt this way for so long, that I thought it would kill me."

You gasped and blushed, "really?"

"Yes," he said, "I guess I've been a little hypocritical, Y/N."

You kissed his cheek gently, then said, "well, I've been a little hypocritical myself. I want to be with you, Arnold."

Arnold smiled goofily, "oh, that'd be swell, Y/N."