CGI!Elvis x Reader- How Are You Still Single?

"OH NO!!!!"

You whipped your head around to see Elvis Cridlington, your longtime friend and coworker, about to fall off a ladder while painting the fire station wall.

"Hang on Elvis!" you called out, "I'm coming!!!"

"Y/N!!" he sobbed, "I can't hold on much longer!!!"

"Just stay calm!!" you said, "and jump into my arms!!"

Elvis looked nervously at the ground before taking a deep breath and jumping into your arms. Just a moment later the ladder crashed down to the ground.

Elvis, still holding his paint brush, blushed and said, "th-thanks, Y/N."

You smiled, "no problem."

"Uh, wanna help?" Elvis finally asked after a moment of awkward silence, "with painting the wall, I mean."

"Of course," you said as you put him back on solid ground, "why wouldn't I help you?"

"Yeah," Elvis blushed, "I know that..."

Elvis got a new paint brush while you set the ladder back up in a much safer position. Then you and Elvis got to work: Elvis would paint the wall, and when he needed more paint you would give him the bucket. Once he was done using it, he would hand it back down to you.

30 minutes later, the whole wall was painted. Elvis climbed back down the ladder and smiled at you. "We did it."

You grinned back, "I know."

Elvis suddenly blushed and looked embarrassed.

You giggled, "what is it?"

"It's just," he said awkwardly, "you're-you're really pretty..."

"How are you still single?" you smirked.

"Huh?" Elvis now looked confused.

"I said, how are you still single?" you asked again.

Elvis's blush intensified and he said, "well, I dunno. But if you- oh Y/N, don't you feel the same way?"

"Feel the same way about what?" you asked, although you already knew the answer.

"I-I-" he stuttered, "I love you-"

Before he could even finish, you had pulled him into the most passionate kiss that both of you had ever known. When your lips parted, you whispered in his ear, "of course I love you, Elvis."

He grinned, "I think I already knew that."