Arnold x Shy!Reader- Sorry

Y/N L/N was shy. Everyone knew that. They hardly ever interacted with anyone, and were very self conscious. However, there was one person who they talked to- Firefighter Arnold McKinley.

He was a handsome chap, in Y/N's opinion. And quite smart, too. Always doing little quirky things, like saying funny stuff that no one understood because they were so 'smart sounding,' or working at the desk instead of going on emergencies. Oh, how it made Y/N's heart flutter!

Now, on the particular day Y/N was walking down the street, trying to avoid making eye contact with anyone, as they always did. They looked down at the sidewalk, thinking that no one truly cared about them. 

Crash!

In an instant they were on the ground, their eyes swirling like a cartoon character's. They had fallen on their butt, and their knees were scraped. But suddenly, someone held out their hand.

It was Arnold.

"H-hey," Y/N said as the firefighter helped them up, "sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry," Arnold said, gently holding Y/N's hand, "it was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going."

Y/N blushed, not knowing what to say. Arnold's piercing brown eyes were far too much for their heart to handle. Their E/C orbs met his for a moment.

Arnold blushed and then finally cleared his throat, "um, a-are you okay?"

"I think so," Y/N replied, "just a little, y'know, scraped, that's all."

The two of them shared a lighthearted laugh.

"Um, so where were you headed to?" Arnold asked out of the blue, "I was heading for the fire station. Don't want to leave Elvis alone with his electric guitar, who knows what he'll get into!" He chuckled a bit, trying to ignore the awkwardness of the situation.

"I-I was heading to my house," Y/N replied in a shy manner.

"Um, would you like for me to take you there?" Arnold asked. 

Y/N blushed even harder before managing to say, "um, sure. Of course."

Arnold smiled, "great."

Still holding their hand, Arnold took Y/N home. It was only a 3 minute walk, and a silent one. Y/N felt too nervous to say anything, while Arnold felt really blushy and awkward around Y/N.

When they finally reached Y/N's house, Y/N sighed. "I guess it's time to say goodbye," they said, surprising themselves with the ease in which they had talked with.

Arnold's ears turned red, "yeah. Bye."

Suddenly, Y/N leaned foreword and gave Arnold a kiss, right on the lips. Arnold was shocked but soon melted into it. The moment seemed to last forever, although it was probably only about 3 or 4 seconds.

When their lips finally parted, Arnold mustered all of his courage and said, "Y/N, would you, uh, perhaps, want to go to Bella's sometime with me?"

Y/N smiled, "of course, Arnold. I'd love to."