CGI!Dilys x Reader- Love Again

Warning: small mention of self harm

Dilys Price was 40 years old and thought that she would never find love again. She had met Martin when she was 8 years old and he was 20 years old. Although he was an adult and she was a child, he would always buy candy for her and her siblings.

As the years passed, as Dilys became an adult, Martin couldn't help but notice her beauty. By the time Dilys was 25 and Martin was 37, they had fallen in love.

After a few years of dating, they had married when Dily was 29 and Martin was 41, and the following year they had had their only child, Norman Price. However, an accident occurred when Norman was 2.

Martin was 43 when this happened and not the healthiest person. Although he was a fit and handsome young man in his 20s, but by the time he was 30 he was well over 200 lbs. By the time he was in his early 40s he was so overweight that he hardly went outside anymore and was 400 lbs. exactly. Although Dilys encouraged him to get some exercise, Martin was always against it.

One day, Martin was in the kitchen, chopping up some carrots for his little son Norman, when he suddenly had a heart attack. He screamed, "Dilys, get an ambulance!!!" before crumpling to the floor. By the time the medics had arrived, it was already too late. Martin Price was dead.

Dilys was of course devastated by her husband's death, and was forced to raise her son alone. However, her son Norman could not recall very many memories of his late father. 

Dilys sank into a deep depression in the aftermath of Martin's death. Although she received support from everyone in Pontypandy, and of course had her loving son Norman, she seriously considered leaving Pontypandy to start a new life, or perhaps hurt herself in some way. This caused her to somewhat neglect her son Norman, who found that the only way to get attention from his mother was to cause mischief. This became a natural thing for him, even after Dilys got therapy and recovered from her depression, although she was ultimately never the same again, and started to pay more attention to Norman, and became a bit too attached to him at times.

So now, 7 years after Martin's death, Dilys Price felt that she would never remarry or find love again. However, one day, all of that would change.

It was an ordinary day, not a special day or anything like that. Dilys was in the store, stocking up some items, when suddenly in walked a young person.

They were gorgeous, with H/C hair and E/C orbs. They were [insert height here] feet tall, and looked to be about 22 to 25 years of age.

Dilys blushed. She hadn't felt this way in the longest time, not since she was a young woman and had just noticed how handsome Martin Price was in his 30s. 

"Oh, hello," the person said, turning to Dilys, "I-I'm Y/N L/N. I'm new in town, so, is this the Cut Price Store?"

"Uh, yes!" Dilys said, feeling a bit shocked and flustered, "I'm Dilys Price, the owner of the store..."

"Oh, nice to meet you, Dilys," Y/N smiled, "I was wondering if I could get something?"

"Sure!!!" Dilys grinned awkwardly, blushing bright red, "anything!!"

"Great!!" Y/N smiled, and started to look around the supermarket. About 10 minutes later they came back with a cart of some hygiene products and food.

Dilys checked out each item and finally said, "that'll be-uh-20 lbs."

"Thanks," Y/N said as the handed Dilys the money. Then they took their items and walked towards the exit.

"Bye," Y/N said as they exited the store, closing the door behind them.

Dilys was in shock.

Why did she feel this way?

Was she in love again?

"I-I can't believe this..." Dilys muttered to herself, clutching her heart, "I thought I wouldn't ever fall in love again..."

She sighed, love filling her heart.

She wondered when she would see Y/N L/N again.