Ellie x Adult!Overworked!Reader- Welcome Home

Y/N L/N sighed as they opened the front door to their house. They lived there with their longtime partner-and now fiancé-Ellie Phillips. They had 2 kids together, a 4 year old boy named Jamie and an 11 month old girl named Elizabeth. Today Ellie had stayed home form work to watch the kids. She was a firefighter at Pontypandy Fire Station, while Y/N was a librarian. They had first met 8 years ago when the library had accidentally caught fire because of Norman Price (as always) and Y/N had been saved by Ellie. Although they were grateful of Sam, Elvis, Penny, and Arnold, their eyes were really only on Ellie. Before long they had started dating, and 4 years later Ellie had become pregnant. They had their little boy named Jamie, and moved in together not long after. 3 years later, they had Elizabeth. Not long after Elizabeth was born, Y/N had proposed to Ellie, and she had happily accepted. The wedding was scheduled for next June, and Y/N could hardly wait.

"Hey, Y/N!" Ellie said, giving her lover a kiss on the cheek, "welcome home!"

"Thanks," Y/N said as they stepped inside, "how were the kids?"

"Oh, they were good," Ellie said, "Jamie's got a cold from school, but the doctor said he'll be alright. Elizabeth mostly slept all day." She laughed. Y/N smiled. They truly did love Ellie.

"I'm really tired," Y/N said as they sat down on the couch, "and could you tell the kids that I'm home."

"Okay," Ellie said, and went to get the couple's 2 kids.

Y/N sighed and picked up the remote, flipping through the channels. There was nothing really interesting on tv, just some new stuff about the Pontypandyness Monster, which Y/N didn't believe in, for obvious reasons.

Y/N sighed and turned off the tv. Today had been a really busy day, and Y/N had hardly got any time to even eat or drink or use the bathroom. All they wanted to do was just get some sleep. They felt their eyelids sagging, and were drifting off into sleep when suddenly they felt someone take their hand.

"Wha...?" Y/N turned to see Ellie. They smiled and gave their fiancé a weak kiss on the forehead. 

"I have to tell you something, Y/N," Ellie said, giving their partner a hug.

"Is it good or bad?" Y/N mumbled, "because if it's bad..."

"Y/N, I'm pregnant."

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise, and they were now fully awake. "R-really?" they asked Ellie, "you're pregnant? For how long?"

"I found out earlier this morning," Ellie explained, "but I didn't want to interrupt you at work."

"H-how long have you been-"

"About 6 or 7 weeks."

Y/N smiled, saying, "this is the best news, Ellie!" They embraced Ellie, never wanting to let them go.

"The baby will be born right after the wedding," Ellie told Y/N, "by the way, when do you think we should tell the kids? And everyone else?"

"Well, I'm too tired to do it now," Y/N said, "maybe tomorrow."