First Steps of Expansion

Everything went Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank. . .

(I-I. . . you. . . you screwed me over. My livelihood lost. . .)

"Ah

"Ah. . ."

Swirling in Radiolarian fluid, Siren feels a lot better. She doesn't feel connected to anything related to Slyvia. It was a relief to Siren and a greater relief that she managed to keep her sense of self. She didn't know whether or not she would make it, but it pays to take risks—the life of a scientist.

Everything is dark, too dark. Siren couldn't touch anything and she couldn't speak. It was disorientating. Too disorienting. She was starting to struggle a bit, panicking a little bit due to sensory deprivation. But suddenly Siren feels her mind being bound to something, she feels a smooth, and metallic surface binding her. A surge of new feelings rushes in.

Rising from the lake of Radiolaria rises Siren reborn.

. . .

[Five Minutes earlier]

"Hmm. . . Do you think we should have stopped her?" William says to Amias.

Amias shrugs her small shoulders.

"I guess you're right, 50/50 chance if she makes it out, questionably good? if she does not make it, then nothing happens, and she dies." I speak out.

But I do wonder if she does make it. What type of Vex will she be? maybe a hydra? A Minotaur? or a Goblin? I got my bets on Minotaur. There is something that bothers me. . .

She said something about a 'Slime Queen', and that she was created by her. What was the Queen's name? Slyvia? Anyway, Siren said she already knows that I'm here. This means trouble no doubt. And I doubt she is happy with what I'm doing to her slimes.

And something also puzzles me. . .

Why haven't I encountered any more creatures like that bear Proto and I ran away from? I've encountered more and more slimes. Is the Slime Queen commanding all the slimes to kill every creature down here? Why? My only guess is conquest and resources, I already know that slimes devour and gain skills. So, they are probably gathering every single creature and eating them or saving them for later.

Considering I have yet to explore more of the cave, this makes my spine tingle. There could be more powerful slimes up or down there, and more creatures hiding or killing anything that moves. Thankfully I mapped a small chunk of the area around our little geometric forest lake here.

Thankfully nothing sleeps near us. I have to prepare, just in case the Slime Queen decides to come down here and deal with me in person. I have no idea how strong she is so I have to assume she is way stronger than me.

Suddenly the lake bubbles. Slowly, a figure rises out of the lake.

"I guess she did make it out alive. . ." I say out loud.