Slime Hunting Season!

We've been walking through the cave system for some time now. This place is filled with flora. not the normal kind of flora that exists back home. The plants here had glowing petals, and neon vines. it was like one those magical forests with bioluminescent plants. Proto was Infront of me because I have no weapons on me at all.

I mean I could've just stayed behind and let Proto go by himself and watch through his eyes, but I will feel lonely and that makes me look like a bum. We walk in a very large pathway filled with flora, it looked really beautiful.

"Man, this place would look very nice as a computer background. . ." I say to myself.

After a few steps, something came out of one of the many ceiling holes above us.

It was a Slime!

Proto and I get into a fighting stance. I look toward Proto.

"Alright Proto! Let's test our hypothesis!" I say to him pointing at the slime.

Proto readies his arm-gun and shoots out Pura Mana. Instantly the iridescent energy transforms into solid earth rocks, launching at incredible speeds towards the slime.

"IT WORKS!!" I yell out in excitement.

Although my hypothesis leveled up to scientific fact, the speeding earth rocks passed through the slime, dealing no damage whatsoever.

"Damn. . ." I murmur.

The slime starts to head towards us. . .

"SHOOT AGAIN PROTO!!!" I yell out.

Proto shoots out Pure Mana again, this time it transformed into a spew of flames

Proto shoots out Pure Mana again, this time it transformed into a spew of flames. The flames critically damaged the slime, and in quick thinking in my part. I activate my [Detainment Matrix] to trap the damaged slime in a sphere of Radiolarian material.

"YES! WE DID IT PROTO!" I say to Proto.

Proto and I did a momentary funny dance.

"Hi-five!" I yell out.

Proto hi-fived me as well.

After the short celebration, I look toward the trapped Slime.

"I guess we could trap more slimes to experiment with later when we get back." I think to myself.

"Let's go Proto, let us continue hunting more slimes." I say to Proto; he nods in affirmation.

We continue on exploring more of the cave. I notice that sometimes giant holes in the ceiling and on the floor seem to appear at the edges of the cave system. Suggesting that there are floors or layers to this system.

Instantly my head started to compare this to an anime that my friend seemingly suggested me. He said that it was an amazing show, and I would love it. He was right! but for both wrong and right reasons. The Anime's name was Made in Abyss and God damn has it given me nightmares and tears like ever before.