North strikes back 2

Start from the beginning

Soon the brothers came in to view. Aithan's bow dissipated with a bright golden light along with the arrow. He jumped from where he was perched on the tree and landed gracefully like a cat. He came running to River in few long strides and lifted him up in his arms .

"He's losing blood" Aithan's voice was heavy with worry.

"Im fine,Lord Aithan " River patted him reassuringly. "Its just a scratch "

"You are fucking covered in blood !" Raven scolded loudly.

Please shut up.

"Why did you try to take him alone?" Aithan asked worryingly.

River was starting to feel quite dizzy and disoriented now . His tongue was too fat in his mouth and he his vision was blurring on the edges too. He struggled to remain conscious .

"I kicked him in..in his balls"

Raven cackled loudly from somewhere behind him , the sound like shards of glass jabbing in to his ears.

Quiet please

"Good job" Aithan complimented and quickened his pace.

"Duh,you have our respect! And probably a severe head truama" Raven laughed.

With that River let darkness swallow him up .

* * * * * *

When River regained his senses , he was alone in his usual travern room. His head felt split. He sat on his bed and touched his forehead to realize that it was wrapped in bandages.

His abdomen screamed in resistence at his tiniest movement. River lifted his shirt to see and gave himself quite the scare. There was two large blackened bruises on his stomach and ribs.

Other than that he was feeling quite alright , nothing life threatening. He had managed to escape in one piece after kicking Shu Huxley in the crotch,which was a miracle itself.

He did not know how he almost got kidnapped, again.

So Mireya Huxley wanted to drag him back in to house arrest or kill him trying.That was a new low, even for Mireya.

Aithan and Raven entered his room disrupting his thoughts.

"Lay back " Aithan ordered.

River got up from his bed and bowed them .

"I have once again made trouble for my lords. I apologize " he said.

" The fuck you yapping about?" Raven scolded. "Lay down before I break your legs too"

River obediantly sat on the bed "When are we going to set out, looking for scraps ?"

Raven and Aithan both gave him matching looks of disapproval .

"Rest first "Aithan urged.

"Im completely fine , My -"

"You have 8 stitches , shut the fuck up" Raven flopped on to a chair. He looked really haggered , like he had pulled an all nighter.

"Why is your mother trying to kill you?" Raven put his legs up on the table.

"Her Majesty is not my mother" River stated flatly.

Raven quirked an arched brow. " who is your mother then?

"I do not know , My Lord"

Silence fell between three of them.

"Her Majesty believes that since Northern God refused to name me, my existence should be ignored at all costs" River explained the situation as concisely as he could .